Head of Tax
Bartosz Matusik is the head of DLA Piper's Tax team in Poland.
He is an economist and licensed tax adviser, focusing on corporate income tax (CIT), personal income tax (PIT) and international tax law issues. He has extensive experience in planning domestic and international tax structures, as well as providing advice related to the tax aspects of restructuring processes and transfers of assets (real estate, receivables, and shares).
Bartosz provides ongoing advice to clients from various sectors, including banking and finance, real estate, manufacturing and energy, on issues related to income tax, VAT, and other tax obligations. He also supports clients in proceedings before tax authorities.
Bartosz has authored numerous articles on tax issues in professional journals and is a regular contributor at specialist conferences and training events.
- Designing an international tax-efficient structure for remunerating middle- and senior-level management for a large entity from the financial sector
- Advising a variety of entities, including an agricultural machinery manufacturer and distributor, a plastics manufacturer, and a vehicle distributor, on day-to-day tax issues (mainly income tax and VAT)
- Advising numerous clients on the tax aspects of business transactions, including the sale and acquisition of Polish businesses via share or asset deals
- Tax planning and comprehensive tax advisory to large Polish companies from energy sectors in relation to their acquisition transactions
- Providing comprehensive tax planning for a loan securitisation processes and leasing receivables securitization processes
- Recognised as "Up and Coming" in Tax – Chambers Europe, 2022
- "I have worked with the DLA Tax team in Poland on a number of deals now and have never been disappointed in the service received. Head of Tax, Bartosz Matusik, is incredibly knowledgeable and determined to produce quality results for his clients." - The Legal 500, 2022
- "Bartosz Matusik of DLA Piper acts for clients on the tax structuring of cross-border capital market and real estate transactions. Clients appreciate him for being 'thorough, with good organisational skills,' as well as for 'considering the whole picture of an issue, not only tax matters.'" - Chambers Europe, 2022
- "'Bartosz Matusik of DLA Piper enters the rankings as a result of positive market feedback. He assists a variety of clients with transactional tax aspects. 'He knows us well. We don't need to translate and explain things to him,' a client says." – Chambers Europe, 2020
Bartosz has authored numerous articles on tax issues in professional journals and is a regular contributor at specialist conferences and training events. He also appears as a lecturer at tax seminars and training sessions, as well as a consultant on business TV programmes.
Memberships And Affiliations
- National Chamber of Tax Advisers in Warsaw
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises VEHIS on raising PLN 1.3 billion in debt financing – the first warehouse...
13 September 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą VEHIS przy pozyskaniu finansowania o wartości ponad 1,3 mld PLN –...
13 September 2022 .1 minute read