Ana Marietta Rivero Quintal[ah-nah] [mar-ieh-tah] [rri-veh-roh] [kin-tal]She/Her/HersAssociate
Marietta Rivero is a litigation lawyer with experience representing national and multinational companies in the railway, oil and gas, telecommunications, economic competition and privacy sectors on administrative litigation and constitutional remedies.
Marietta also has experience representing companies before the Mexican Federal Economic Competition Commission in investigations concerning anticompetitive practices.
In telecom matters, she has represented companies before the Mexican Federal Telecommunications Institute in proceedings for the determination of interconnection rates, award of licenses for the use of frequency bands, their extension and renewal.
- Represented a concessionaire before the Federal Institute of Telecommunications (IFT) in a proceeding for the allocation and extension of frequency bands for the operation of the railway service, as well as in a verification and imposition of sanctions proceeding in which the client could have been fined for up to 0.75 percent of its income
- Assisted in the defense of a licensee of a public telecommunications network in two amparo trials against the public bidding and adjudication of the 2.5 GHz frequency band
- Assisted in several amparo trials against the determination of interconnection rates for the years 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Participated in multiple amparo trials against resolutions of the Federal Institute of Telecommunications (IFT) in relation to complaints filed for the breach of the conditions laid down in the Resolution of Preponderance (Resolución de Preponderancia)
- Represented a leading company in the distribution and sale of LP gas before the Federal Economic Competition Commission in numerous proceedings
Law Degree (J.D. equivalent), Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) 2016
summa cum laude
- Law Degree (J.D. equivalent), Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México 2016
Marietta has assisted nonprofits in their daily operations as well as in matters related to money laundering prevention.
Before joining DLA Piper, Marietta has worked at two major law firms.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of Abogadas MX
My latest insights
Mexican Congress rejects electricity constitutional reform and approves bill to regulate...
19 April 2022 .6 minute read
Mexican Supreme Court dismisses Unconstitutionality Action against Electricity Industry...
7 April 2022 .6 minute read