Chris Arnold has a broad corporate practice with extensive experience of advising on a wide range of corporate transactions, including international and domestic M&A, public M&A, equity capital raisings, joint ventures, intra-group reorganisations and general corporate advisory work.
Chris has a particular focus on both the Financial Services sector and the Consumer Goods, Food and Retail sector. During his career Chris has spent time on secondment to the in-house legal teams of three large financial services companies.
- Advising Trilantic Europe on its carveout acquisition of Kantar Public from Kantar.
- Advising Leidos on its acquisition of Cobham Aviation Services Australia’s Special Mission business.
- Advising Graphite Capital on its acquisition of personalised children’s book publisher Wonderbly.
- Advising Preqin Ltd on the acquisition of Colmore AG, a private markets technology, services and administration business.
- Advising IQ-EQ on its acquisition of Laven Compliance.
- Advising Link Group on the sale of the Corporate and Private Clients Services business unit of Link Asset Services to the Apex Group for GBP240 million and the ultimately aborted acquisition of Pepper European Servicing from Pepper for an upfront consideration of EUR165m.
- Advising Heineken UK on its initial acquisitions of shares in both Beavertown Brewery and Brixton Brewery and the subsequent acquisitions by Heineken UK of the remaining shares in both companies.
- Advising London Stock Exchange on a number of acquisitions and investments.
- Advising FirstRand Limited on its recommended acquisition of Aldermore Group plc for approximately GBP1.1 billion.
- Advising Massive Interactive and the management sellers on the sale of the award winning OTT software company Massive Interactive to Deltatre, a portfolio company of Bruin Sports Capital.
- Advising Heineken UK on its recommended acquisition of Punch Securitisation A, a portfolio of approximately 1,900 UK pubs owned by Punch Taverns plc (enterprise value GBP1.15 billion).
- Advising Lloyds Development Capital and management on the sale of Capital Economics Limited to Phoenix Equity Partners and Nexinto Limited to PlusServer (a portfolio company of BC Partners) and the acquisition of Headland Consulting.
- Advising ABRY and the management sellers on the sale of Thomson Online Benefits to Marsh.
- Advising Hain Celestial on a number of transactions including the acquisitions of Orchard House Foods and The Yorkshire Provender and the subsequent sale of Orchard House Goods to Elaghmore.
- Advising Lloyds Banking Group on a number of transactions including:
All aspects of its EC-mandated disposal known as “Project Verde” (including the aborted sale to the Co-op Banking Group) that culminated in the IPO of TSB Banking Group.
- University of Sheffield, LLB
- Nottingham Law School, LPC
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Heineken on a significant minority investment in SERVED Drinks
12 October 2023 .2 minute read