Kathryn FordLegal Director
Kathryn has over 12 years' experience in commercial dispute resolution. She is a solutions-focused lawyer who works tirelessly to achieve her clients' preferred outcomes, whether through litigation, arbitration, mediation, or negotiation. Her practice also includes a significant element of contract advisory work and she has experience of conducting company internal investigations.
Kathryn handles the full range of commercial disputes, including contract disputes, post M&A claims, professional negligence, pensions litigation, and public procurement challenges.
Kathryn represents clients from a range of sectors including energy, transport, manufacturing, hospitality, and food and beverage.
Kathryn has been consistently recognised for her specialist contentious pensions experience. She has represented clients in responding to Pensions Ombudsman references and interventions by the Pensions Regulator, rectification and other High Court claims relating to pension schemes.
- Merton College, Oxford (MA) Oxon 1st Class, Jurisprudence, 2001
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course with Distinction, 2003
- Legal 500 2020: “[…]legal director Kathryn Ford [is] highlighted for contentious pensions matters…”
- Legal 500 2019: “Kathryn Ford is 'very bright and always goes the extra mile to get things done.'"
- Legal 500 2018: Kathryn was described as a "hard-working" senior associate who "produces excellent work and really organises a case."
- British Legal Awards 2020 - Shortlisted in the Litigation and Dispute Resolution Team of the Year category for the 2019 Rail Franchising Litigation.
- The Lawyer’s Top 20 cases for 2020 – The 2019 Rail Franchising Litigation.
- Speaker at: DLA Piper UK LLP’s Essential Legal Update 2020 Series – Commercial, Litigation and Projects
Memberships And Affiliations
- Committee Member, North East Association of Pensions Lawyers
- Law Society