Duncan Pithouse focuses on major outsourcing and implementation projects. He works exclusively in sourcing, outsourcing and technology licensing and implementation projects, with a particular focus on major IT and business process outsourcing in the banking and insurance markets.
Duncan has advised on the outsourcing of various technology and business functions, such as AD/AM, infrastructure, middle and back office functions (such as claims management, underwriting, investment management and post-trade), procurement, HR and finance and accounting. He has particular experience in the use of cloud, and utility and platform deals, in financial services markets.
His work often involves developing the contract structure together with the overall commercial construct including the charging model, implementation profile and supplier performance management regime, whilst maintaining a clear perspective on achieving the overall deal objectives.
Duncan is the head of the UK Technology Transactions and Strategic Sourcing group which comprises over 70 lawyers.
- Advising a global bank on the sale of its settlement system, and associated managed service back
- Advising a global bank on the sale of its legal entity market system, and the associated provision of managed services
- Advising a global bank on the outsourcing of its procurement and accounts payable function
- Advising a major insurer on the implementation and outsourcing of its customer contact platform and centre
- Advising a global bank on the global outsourcing of its data storage environment
- Advising a global insurer on its print and document management outsourcing
- Advising a global bank on outsourced custody and administration services arrangements
- Advising an international insurer on outsourcing claims management and underwriting functions
- Advising a leading insurance broker on the implementation of its new global broking platform
- Advising a leading insurer on the procurement of its global underwriting platform
Memberships And Affiliations
- Society for Computers & Law
My latest insights
Operational resilience in the UK financial services sector: New requirements aimed at...
28 July 2022 .9 minute read
Outsourcing and Third Party Risk Management – the PRA's Supervisory Statements
31 March 2021 .2 minute read