Alexander is a skilled corporate and commercial lawyer, advising on international and domestic private M&A, complex joint ventures and logistical arrangements, corporate structuring and restructuring, fundraising, commercial transactions and corporate advisory.
Alexander has a broad array of sector expertise, but is particularly focussed on energy and natural resources. Alexander co-leads DLA Piper’s global ENR Battery Mineral sub-sector.
Alexander strives to provide commercial and pragmatic advice combined with a fresh style of client service delivery.
- Advising Marubeni on its co-investment with J-POWER in Glencore’s CTSCo Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) Project in Queensland.
- Advising James Jones & Sons on its acquisition of approximately 60% of the Hyne Timber business (and associated brands).
- Advising Hawaiki on its 100% divestment of the Hawaiki Submarine Cable to BW Digital Pte. Ltd.
- Advising Australian Future Energy on its Gladstone Energy and Ammonia Project.
- Advising Marubeni on the competitive sale of its interest in the Coppabella Moorvale Joint Venture to Winchester Coal Resources.
- Advising Marubeni on its acquisition of an additional participating interest in the Hail Creek Joint Venture, in connection with Glencore's AUD1.7 billion acquisition of Rio Tinto's interest in the Hail Creek Joint Venture and other coal assets.
- Advising Batchfire Resources Pty Ltd on its acquisition of the Callide Coal Mine from Anglo American and related fundraising. Ongoing advice to Batchfire Resources regarding its logistical arrangements, statutory compliance, corporate governance and further fundraisings.
- Advising the Busy Bees Group on its initial acquisition of the 34 Foundation Early Learning childcare centres around Australia from Blue Sky Alternative Investments Limited, and multiple subsequent follow-on acquisitions by Busy Bees across Australia.
- Advising PSC Insurance Group Limited on:
- 17 broker roll-up acquisitions as part of PSC’s IPO process; and
- multiple post-IPO broker acquisitions.
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, 2010
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology, 2009
- Bachelor of Business (Hons), Queensland University of Technology, 2009
- Recognised as a rising star for Queensland Corporate and Commercial Lawyers, 2022
- Alexander is the co-lead of DLA Piper’s global ENR Battery Mineral Sub-Sector
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of Queensland