Mark Vipan has considerable knowledge in the area of IT contracts, outsourcings, business transfers and strategic commercial agreements.
Mark advises public and private companies, central government bodies, NHS Trusts, utilities and higher education institutions on the legal, commercial, contractual and structural issues arising from their involvement in key commercial contracts and infrastructure projects.
- Acting for a challenger bank in its ongoing negotiations with Wipro in relation to a full IT outsourcing, a programme of digital transformation, licensing of various banking software products and potential joint ventures with Google, KPMG, and Wipro.
- Acting for consumer lending group Morses Club on the negotiation of a strategic partnership arrangement with the IBM for the management of its core IT systems and infrastructure, including its payment management hand-held devices.
- Acting for Leeds Building Society on the outsourcing of its core savings and mortgage account software platform to private cloud infrastructure provided by HP and significant contract change negotiations re new customer facing capabilities, renegotiation of various insurance agency arrangements with Aviva, the agreement of SAAS terms with Jigsaw and SAP, negotiation of mortgage data sharing arrangements, reviewing licensing provisions with Bloomberg Finance and strategic critical long term outsourcing of a mortgage originations software solution platform and related third parties including DXC.
- Acting for NHS England in procuring and negotiating contracts with Capita for the outsourcing of the delivery of various administration services and insourcing of various cancer screening activities. The contracts established a £1bn single provider framework for administrative support functions for primary care and include an initial £400m contract to deliver services in England.
- Acting for the Office of Government Commerce and Buying Solutions in relation to the agreement of Pan UK Government software licensing and support arrangements with Microsoft and Oracle.
- Acting for Ardagh Packaging in agreeing replacement SAP software support arrangements in relation to various European countries with Rimini Street Inc.
- Acting for Skipton Financial Services Limited the subsidiary of Skipton Building Society on the agreement of a contract for a major new investment management platform with Cofunds Limited and for Skipton Building Society in relation to the negotiation of financial advisory platform services from Focus and the variation of arrangements with FundsNetwork and Aegon.
- Acting for International Personal Finance plc, on its field technology programme, involving the outsourcing of handheld mobile device provision to Vodafone Global Enterprise Ltd including the rollout of mobile handsets and hardware to support its agents across central and Eastern Europe and a review of its technology outsourcing arrangements with Fujitsu.
- Acting for Cattles PLC on major strategic partnership/outsourcing agreements with Barclays Bank PLC and Alliance and Leicester Plc and on its ongoing IT and telecommunication contracts including with Opal Telecom, Cable & Wireless, Vodafone, Aspective, CSI, Deloitte, Siebel, IBM, Technophobia and Fiserv.
- Acting for Findus Group on the negotiation of a pan-European IT outsourcing master services agreement with Computer Science Corporation and on various hardware, software and services outsourcing arrangements with vendors including CSC and Informa.
- Leeds University, LLB (Hons)