Julia is an associate in the litigation, arbitration and investigations team with experience in both Australia and the Middle East. Julia has worked on various commerical disputes, regulatory and compliance matters and has assisted clients in investigations relating to anti bribery and corruption allegations.
Apart from assisting clients with large scale dispute resolution and investigations, Julia also has legal transactional experience in real estate and extensive experience in commercial strategy and corporate marketing obtained while working for global corporates.
Julia is involved in DLA Piper’s pro-bono programme having recently advised an international NGO on issues of statelessness for the UN periodic review.
- Acting for a subcontractor in a construction dispute arising out of the largest iron ore processing facility project in Western Australia.
- Acting for the insurer in a complex subrogation claim involving fraud in the Supreme Court of New South Wales.
- Advising an international real estate client on anti-money laundering laws and regulations compliance in the Middle East region.
- Advising on various regulatory matters including anti-money laundering laws, anti- bribery and corruption laws and conduct of internal investigations.
- Advising an international technology client on legal due diligence for the acquisition of land to develop one of the largest data centres in Australia.
- Acting for the engineer in a large-scale class action construction dispute in Australia.
- Acting for an international supplier of electric bikes on contractual interference between parties in Austria, Australia and Spain, litigated in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Acting for the regulator in the Royal Commission investigation into Crown Casinos (Australia).
- Assisting an oil and gas client with conducting an internal review of anti - bribery and corruption compliance.
- Bachelor of Commerce, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Juris Doctor, University of Sydney, Australia
- College of Law New South Wales, Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- Conducted research on economic responses to COVID-19 in Pakistan for the International Refugee Counsel
- Drafted the Submissions on behalf of Micronesia with regards to Statelessness for the United Nations Universal Periodic Review for the Institute on Statelessness and Inclusion
- Assisted with the review of United Nations Human Rights Committee reports and input of data into the Global Statelessness Database Project
- Acted for the Maibin Janyilah Yahgilah (Aboriginal Men’s Group) based in Queensland, Australia with respect of negotiating a licence with a Queensland government body
- Assisted with the review of United Nations inquiry into rights of children in Mongolia for the largest pro bono client for DLA Piper, UNICEF
Memberships And Affiliations
- The Law Society of New South Wales