Chair, Canadian Financial Services Group
Marc Philibert is the Managing Partner for the Montréal office. He is a business lawyer known for his ability to close deals and recognized for his solution oriented approach and strong relationship with his clients and understanding of their objectives.
Marc represents both Canadian and foreign entities in a wide range of corporate legal issues, including:
- Private equity transactions
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Commercial real estate
- Infrastructure - PPP
- Corporate and commercial
- Debt and project-financing
Over the years, Marc has completed hundreds of financings, sales and purchases of businesses both in and outside Québec and has been involved in a large number of financing and commercial real estate transactions. Helping his clients achieve growth in their business and in new markets is what Marc enjoys in his practice. His clients are entrepreneurs, institutional lenders, private equity funds and corporations. His experience includes transactions in Canada, United States, the Caribbean and Africa.
- Acted for Groupe Deschênes in connection with the Competition Act approval and the Canada-US financing of its Corix Water Products acquisition.
- Acted for Physiotherapie Universelle in connection with its acquisition by Lifemark.
- Québec counsel for the winning consortium on the $2 billion financing of the New Bridge over the Saint Lawrence Crossing Project in Montréal, Québec.
- Acted for American Railway Supply in its acquisition of a Moncton railcar manufacturing facility and the establishment of a joint venture with CRRC.
- Québec counsel to several lenders in cross border financings.
- General counsel to a leading Canadian manufacturer of doors and windows.
- Acted for Allied Group of companies with respect to its acquisition of Ezeflow Inc., a manufacturer of welded pipe fittings with manufacturing facilities in Canada, United States and Scotland.
- Acted for Asmodee Group with respect to its acquisition of F2Z Entertainment Inc., the Canadian publisher/distributor that owns the Z-Man Games, Filosofia Éditions, Pretzel Games, and Plaid Hat Games studios.
- Acted for Groupe Deschênes Inc. with respect to its acquisition and financing thereof of Ontario based Ideal Supply Company Limited and its 20+ owned and 14+ leased retail locations.
- LL.B., University of Sherbrooke, 1996
- Canadian Legal Lexpert® Directory (Corporate Mid-Market), 2018, 2020-2023
- Legal 500 Canada (Infrastructure and Projects), 2017, 2019; (Banking and Finance), 2018, 2020
Memberships And Affiliations
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Le Grand Défi Pierre Lavoie
- Member of the Board of Directors, Fondation Go.
My latest insights
DLA Piper Canada lawyers recognized in 2022 Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory
4 March 2022 .59 minute read
DLA Piper Canada advised Metalla Royalty & Streaming on its US$35 million At-The-Market...
18 May 2021 .2 minute read