Hui CheeSenior Associate
- Advising an energy company in relation to a dispute over whether a trading counterparty had a right to suspend its obligations under a number of gas and power trading agreements.
- Advising a global manufacturer in defending a class action relating to its products’ environmental credentials.
- Advising a group of institutional investors in relation to a s.90A FSMA claim against a FTSE100 insurance company.
- Acting for a global bank in a High Court claim relating to whether the bank payroll tax regime constituted state aid.
- Acting for a global spirits manufacturer in High Court proceedings against an ultra-high net worth individual for breach of a settlement agreement.
- Acting for a multinational electric utility company in Upper Tribunal and Court of Appeal proceedings relating to the application of loan relationship rules to the transfer of bankruptcy claims to a foreign subsidiary.
- Acting for a major healthcare group in relation to High Court proceedings arising from the unauthorised extraction and sale of customer records by an employee.
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Legal Practice Course, 2013
- Graduate Diploma in Law, 2012
- London School of Economics and Political Science, MSc, Distinction, 2011
London School of Economics and Political Science, BSc, First Class Honours, 2010