Serena CookeLegal Director
Serena Cooke has experience in complex commercial litigation and arbitration. She acts for clients across a broad spectrum of sectors including energy and commodities, financial services and media.
Serena has represented clients before leading arbitration institutions such as the LCIA, ICC and SCC and in proceedings before the High Court of England and Wales.
Her experience includes contract and commercial disputes, corporate merger and acquisition disputes, shareholder and joint venture disputes, commercial fraud and breach of trust claims.
- Acting for Russian state-owned gas company Gazprom in multi-billion dollar SCC arbitrations with a Stockholm seat against Ukrainian state-owned Naftogaz concerning the supply to, and transit of natural gas through, Ukraine.
- Acting for a Korean shipbuilder in six consolidated LCIA arbitrations relating to a joint venture in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Acting for a Russian shareholder in an LCIA arbitration concerning unfair prejudice claims relating to a Cyprus joint venture with an underlying real estate asset in Moscow worth approximately USD300 million.
- Acting for a South Korean trading company in a multimillion-USD ICC arbitration in London under English law concerning shipments of wheat from Romania to Bangladesh.
- Acting for a global satellite television broadcaster in a USD1.6 billion ICC arbitration in Paris concerning sports TV broadcasting rights and distribution in the Middle East and North Africa.
- Acting for the major shareholder in a major Russian commodity producer in an LCIA arbitration concerning disputed rights of veto over related party transactions and competition law claims in relation to substantial long term supply contracts worth over USD50 billion.
- Acting for a Chinese individual in USD240 million breach of trust and fraud proceedings against his former agent in the US. The proceedings involved claims in Singapore, Taiwan, California, Texas and London.
- Acting for US Bank as Cash Manager in Part 8 proceedings in the Chancery Division, in relation to a dispute between the Swap Provider and Noteholders regarding payment priority on a CMBS securitisation.
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course and General Diploma in Law, 2010
- University of Oxford, B.A. French and Classics, 2008
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the London Court of International Arbitration
- Member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association