Michael Pirog's practice focuses on securities and corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions and general corporate counseling, with an emphasis on the representation of emerging growth companies and venture capital firms.
In addition to advising clients on general corporate governance matters, Michael has experience in corporate formations, venture capital financings, mergers and acquisitions, and public offerings. Michael represents early stage, venture-backed and private equity-backed companies, as well as venture capital funds, private equity funds and other corporate investors and acquirers.
Michael has represented Madrona Venture Group, Maveron Equity Partners, Fuel Capital, Ignition Partners, Voyager Capital, Imagen Capital Partners, SpringRock Ventures and other Washington- and Silicon Valley-based venture capital funds in connection with their investments in technology, biotechnology and consumer products companies.
- icebrg Inc., a Seattle-based security company, in its sale to Gigamon Inc.
- Maveron Equity Partners in its Series A investment in inkbox, inc.
- Imperfect Foods, Inc. in connection with a preferred stock financing
- A leading online marketplace for legal services in its US$71 million Series E financing and secondary share offering
- An industry-leading provider of bovine reproductive technologies in its sale to a publicly traded company
- Initial public offering of a Washington-based biotech company
- J.D., University of Washington School of Law 2011
Associate Editor-in-Chief, Washington Law Review
- B.S., Computer Science, University of Washington Paul G. Allen School of Computer Science & Engineering 2003
- Chambers USA
- Associate to Watch, Washington Corporate/M&A (2021-2023)