Hans-Mark Giezen is experienced in all aspects of real estate law and advises international and national companies in various real estate transactions including commercial leases, acquisitions, disposals and greenfield developments.
The clients of Hans-Mark include a variety of real estate (related) companies, including property funds and property investors, property developers, engineering companies, retailers, hotel operators and investors, corporate occupiers, construction companies, and industrial and logistic companies.
Hans-Mark also has extensive experience in construction law, property finance, zoning and planning and environmental issues. As an active member of the Hospitality & Leisure sector group, Hans-Mark has been involved in many hotel transactions and hotel developments.
- Advising NH Hotels on the development and lease of the now Amsterdam Rai hotel.
- Advising RJB Group of Companies on the acquisition of the multi-use (office and residential) project ‘Valley’ at South-Axis in Amsterdam.
- Advising on the acquisition and financing of the premises of Westergasfabriek Amsterdam.
- Advising Ares Management and Urban Real Estate Partners (UREP) on a series of light-industrial and logistical acquisitions for their real estate funds.
- Advising Rijksmuseum Amsterdam on the acquisition, financing and development of a new depot and restauration center for the Dutch national art collections.
- Advising ARCADIS in construction and engineering matters.
- Grotius Academy, Real Estate, 1999 (cum laude)
- University of East London, Anglo-American Company Law and European Law, 1991
- Utrecht University, Dutch law, 1991
Awards and Recognitions
- Hans-Mark is consistently ranked in the Legal 500. Hans-Mark has been recommended in Legal 500 EMEA, 2020 as a ‘‘very experienced and all-around lawyer who is capable of providing sound legal advice. He is pragmatic and is focused on finding a solution in order for the client to achieve the best deal.’’ And describe him as ‘‘a lawyer that knows what he is talking about. He always thinks from a commercial perspective and that is an added value for a lawyer.’’
- He has been recommended by Who's Who Legal Global, 2019.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Dutch Association for Construction Lawyers
- Member of the Association for Procurement Law