Anne Josephus JittaHe/himLegal Director
Anne Josephus Jitta is a lawyer with over 15 years of experience and a focus on commercial disputes, with particular focus on commercial litigation including national and international arbitration.
Anne has worked on arbitrations under all common arbitration rules. His clients can be found in the energy sector, financial services sector, commercial educational and industrial sector. He is a dedicated hands-on lawyer who is keen on using the full litigation tool box strategically to achieve the overall goals of his clients. He was recently described by a client as: "a really smart and quick thinker; his legal writing style is a joy to read.”
- Won a commercial arbitration under the NAI Rules in the transportation sector pursuant to which arbitral award defendant paid the client close to EUR 40 million.
- Successfully assisted a client in the educational sector with regards to a post M&A Arbitration under the ICC Rules.
- Sucessfully defended a client in the real estate financing sector against several separate claims from (former) borrowers before the courts of the Netherlands.
- Successfully defended clients in the energy sector against a claim for setting aside an international investment arbitration award regarding under the ICC Rules.
- Successfully assisted a client in the pharma sector against a request for ICC emergency measures.
- Successfully assisted a client in the Dutch tech sector in three separate, consecutive ICC arbitration related to a take or pay payment obligation to the client by a former joint venture company of the company.
- University of Amsterdam, Commercial law, 2007
Memberships And Affiliations
- Dutch Arbitration Association
- Dutch Association for Procedural Law (NVvP)