Stephen Malley advises clients in relation to procurement, construction and development work, both in the UK and internationally. He has experience in a range of sectors, including commercial, residential, hotels and leisure and life sciences.
Stephen has particular experience in development finance and was the sole lawyer on the drafting committee for the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors' Project Monitoring guidance note.
He is the UK Head of Construction.
Stephen's past experience includes:
- Advising the Francis Crick Institute on procurement, construction contracts and OJEU procedures for their £600m R&D facilities at St Pancras
- Advising RBS Hotel Developments on their £350m redevelopment of 11 UK hotels, including the Grosvenor House, Waldorf & Cumberland hotels
- Advising Hadley Mace on their £225m Greenwich Square regeneration scheme, the largest public land initiative to be delivered in London
- Acting for corporate occupiers, such as Google, Veolia, Cancer Research UK and Hanson Plc, on new build HQ and office fit-out projects
- Advising lenders, including RBS, HSBC, Barclays, Clydesdale Bank, Cheyne Capital and IPIN Global, and corporate borrowers on various development finance loans
- Acting for the developer on the $1bn construction of a multi-hotel & leisure resort in the Middle East
- University College London, BA Hons, 1997
- College of Law, PgDL, 1998
- College of Law, Legal Practice Course, 1999
- "Stephen is very practical...excellent with clients - very reassuring" - Chambers & Partners 2015
- "Stephen Malley is 'responsive, and an incredible networker'" - Legal 500 UK 2013
- 'Insurance for the Construction Industry,' Oxford University Press
Stephen was the Head of Non-Contentious Construction at a City of London law firm from 2007 to 2014.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society
- Society of Construction Law
- Monopoly Network, Founder and Director