Olmo Weeshoff provides legal advice on everything relevant to businesses in distress and their stakeholders, such as shareholders, the board of directors and financiers/creditors. He specialises in insolvency and corporate law. He incorporates thorough legal knowledge into a pragmatic and strategic approach.
Olmo is experienced in complex cross-border restructurings. He possesses in-depth knowledge on the WHOA pre-insolvency proceedings (the Dutch US Chapter 11 / UK Restructuring Plan) and has worked alongside clients on a variety of WHOA cases.
He also frequently assists clients with distressed debt or M&A transactions, including asset acquisitions out of bankruptcy estates. Olmo furthermore advises clients on a wide array of other restructuring matters, such as security rights (including enforcement scenarios), insolvency claw-back issues, corporate governance matters, strategic bankruptcies/orderly wind-downs, and directors'/shareholders' liabilities.
Olmo's clients include major corporates, banks, private equity houses, debt funds and real estate investment funds.
- Advising a senior secured lender in the largest known WHOA restructuring in the Netherlands to date (as at May 2022).
- Advising a large corporate on the restructuring of publicly traded bonds in an amount in excess of USD 1 billion.
- Advising the shareholder on the complex restructuring of the SecurCash group, including i.a. a strategic bankruptcy and an orderly wind-down process which involved negotiations with multiple large stakeholders as well as the Dutch Central Bank, as well as a distressed M&A process.
- Advising a landlord and major creditor of the European part of a large international retail group in a a WHOA liquidation plan.
- Advising a bank on the (insolvency) risks in its offering of international virtual bank account structures.
- Advising on the (debt) restructuring of a major travel operator.
- Maastricht University, LL.M. Dutch Law, 2016
- Maastricht University, LL.B. European Law School, 2014
Memberships And Affiliations
- Association of Young Insolvency Lawyers (Vereniging Jonge Insolventierecht Advocaten)
- Dutch Restructuring Association (Nederlandse Vereniging van Herstructureringen)
- INSOL Europe
- Young M&A Community (MenA)