Civil Law Notary
Sander Wiggers is an experienced corporate lawyer with significant experience for non-Dutch clients and in cross border matters. In addition, Sander Wiggers is a Crown-appointed notary since 2006.
Sander’s practice focuses on corporate restructurings, corporate governance, joint ventures and includes setting up legal structures for employment participation programs. He performs his work with a hands-on mentality and provides effective and legally sound solutions. Sander has several clients who have stayed with him for more than a decade, underpinning his ability to translate the legal landscape into business-specific risks and opportunities.
Sander has 20+ years experience on corporate transactions, spin-offs and carve-outs. He has special focus and experience on complicated cross-border corporate restructurings. In addition, he has extensive experience in the field of advising on and setting up governance structures. Sander advises executive and non-executive boards on their duties and liabilities against the standards of good governance in the Netherlands.
Areas of experience
- Corporate legal advise
- Corporate structuring
- Corporate governance
- Advising on governance structures and directors' duties and liabilities
- Private equity
- Employment participation programs
- Advising on and implementing several cross border mergers for a major Dutch financial institution involving several Dutch and Luxembourg entities, involving a total of 17 jurisdictions.
- Advised a Dutch based international electronical devices producer on its internal corporate restructuring involving twelve jurisdictions. Responsible for the coordination, amongst others, of 10 cross border legal mergers into a Dutch group company, of all relevant employment participation procedures and of the advice on all legal aspects in the relevant jurisdictions.
- Headed an international team working on a pre-acquisition restructuring for a leading dance company and assisted in the sale of this company to a US based global dance event organizer. Responsible for coordination and drafting of legal step plans and the implementation thereof involving 7 jurisdictions.
- Advising on and implementing a new governance and corporate structure for leading consultancy firm with more than thirty partners. Drafting shareholder's agreement, board regulations, articles of association and coordinated the required corporate restructuring.
- Headed an international team clean-up its corporate structure, involving cross border mergers, liquidations, share transfer and other corporate instruments involving 15 jurisdictions for a global education company.
- DLA Piper Leadership Course, Harvard Business School, 2011
- Strategic Leadership Program (SLP), University Nyenrode, 2010
- Dutch Royal Notarial Organisation, Notarial Professional Education, 1999
Leiden University, Civil Law and Notarial Law, 1995
- A works council governance code is needed in practice, 20 May 2015
- Editor and founder of governance magazine 'De Commissaris', 2006-2015
- Co-author of the handbook for the Non-Executive in Private Equity portfolio companies "Handboek voor de Participatiecommissaris"
Sander is lecturer at two reputable education programs for non-executives, amongst others Het Programma voor Commissarissen en Toezichthouders van ESAA – Erasmus School of Accounting and Assurance.
He is also teacher Corporate Law at the Law Firm School, a professional post-graduate course for lawyers employed by the top 20 law firms in the Netherlands.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Photon Energy on listing on regulated markets of the Warsaw and Prague...
6 January 2021 .3 minute read