Electric vehicle tax credits: highlights for the automotive, transportation, and clean energy industries
Wednesday, June 7, 2023
If you were unable to join us, we invite you to watch the recording here.
This was the second session in our Clean Energy Tax Credit CLE and CPE speaker series.
This session provided an overview of new federal EV tax credits as well as a discussion of the practical implications for your business, including potential interpretations of Treasury and other agency guidance and strategic highlights for the automotive, transportation, and clean energy industries.
Our panel of speakers discussed the following:
- Overview of the EV credits and related manufacturing credits
- Summary of guidance on domestic content requirements and definitions used in the statue and guidance
- Determination of countries with free trade agreements with the US
- “Foreign entities of concern,” and considerations about the implications of this issue
- Sections 48C, 45X, and 45W credits
We hope you were able to join us for this meaningful discussion, aiming to help you assess and apply these tax credits in the most effective way.