Erik has extensive experience advising companies in the tax planning of complex corporate and financial transactions such as mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, financing, project development, among others, as well as in the optimization of tax obligations and in tax claim procedures before the tax authorities in Peru. He continuously advises high-net-worth individuals and families in tax matters related to wealth and estate planning.
Erik has been a senior partner at Deloitte, a partner at Estudio Echecopar (in association with Baker & McKenzie), and has previously worked in International Tax Services at PricewaterhouseCoopers, in New York City.
- Provided Peruvian tax advice in the global acquisition of a major international premium brand in the hotel industry
- Provided tax advice to the Peruvian government for the construction of a major international airport
- Provided tax advice to a leading international production company in relation to a contract entered into with the Lima Pan-American Games Authority
- Provided Peruvian tax analysis and guidance in the structuring of one of the largest issuances of foreign GDNs with Peruvian underlying instruments, issued by a Peruvian government entity
- Participated in the tax planning and implementation of the business structure of a leading foreign communications tower company
- LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University 2010
Law Degree, Universidad de Lima, 2004
magna cum laude
- Chambers Latin America
- Band 4, Peru Tax (2024)
- Chambers & Partners
- Band 1, Private Wealth Law (2021)
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Recommended Lawyer, Peru Tax (2023 and 2024)
- Leaders League: "Highly Recommended" in Tax (2018 – 2022) and "Excellent" in Wealth Management (2022)
Erik has spoken at various events in relation to Peruvian issues in international taxation and wealth planning in both Peru and the US.
- "The Legal 500: Private Clients Peru – Country Comparative Guide 2022" By DLA Piper Peru Private Clients team: Partners Fernando Lanfranco and Erik Lind along with Senior Associate Luis Miguel Sambuceti and junior associate Sandra Escudero-Whu. The Legal 500.
- "Tax reform would make the capital market less attractive" By Partner Erik Lind. Semana Economica. November 2021.
- "Private Clients – The Legal 500 Comparative Guide 2022" January, 2022
- On February 23, the discussion "Positive impact of the pandemic on different branches of Law. What should be maintained as good practices?" was held, organized by the Legal Sector of the Services Guild of the Lima Chamber of Commerce. Moderated by our partner Hernán Jordán and with the participation of Cecilia Guzman-Barron (partner in the labor area), Erik Lind (partner in the Tax area) and Victor Velasquez Vela, Principal Associate in the Projects and Infrastructure area. More info here >>
- Tax Partner Erik Lind, participated of the discussion table "Delegation of Powers: Tax, Financial and Corporate Analysis" organized by the Legal Sector of the Service Guild of the Lima Chamber of Commerce. November 4th, 2021. More info here >>
- Partner, Erik Lind, participated in the round table "Peru, Colombia and Mexico: The Power of U.S. Trusts for Latin American Families" organized by Bridgeford Trust Company for the launch of Bridgeford International on September 23rd, 2021. Watch the full presentation here >>
Before joining the firm, Erik was a senior partner at a multinational professional services network and a partner at a major Peruvian law firm. He additionally worked in international tax services at an international professional services network in New York.
He has held a number of academic roles including:
- Universidad ESAN, Graduate Degree Program, Professor of Corporate Taxation and International Taxation
- Pontificia Universidad Católica del Peru, LLM Program, Professor of Corporate Taxation
- Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos, Professor of International Tax Law
- Universidad de Lima, Professor of Tax Law I
- Professor of Corporate Taxation and International Taxation at the Graduate Degree Program of Universidad ESAN
- Professor of Corporate Taxation at the LLM Program of Pontificia Universidad Católica del Peru
- Professor of International Tax Law at Universidad Nacional Mayor de San Marcos
- Professor of Tax Law I at Universidad de Lima
Memberships And Affiliations
- Lima Bar Association