Elizabeth A. AndrewsPartner
Elizabeth Andrews is a leader in the international corporate reorganizations space. Her practice focuses on both external transactions such as acquisitions, divestitures and various carve-outs as well as internal transactions such as post-acquisition integrations and legal entity rationalization programs.
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Elizabeth was a senior executive at Marriott International, where during her tenure she led the international tax team before moving over to the business side where she was responsible for international mergers and acquisitions. Elizabeth has used this extensive in-house experience to design and implement complex transactions for her multinational clients that bring significant value to them while minimizing disruptions to their day-to-day operations and anticipating their needs. Elizabeth, since arriving at DLA Piper, has led projects with a combined market value of more than US$100 billion. Elizabeth works primarily with companies in the life sciences and the financial industries markets.
Client feedback includes, “Elizabeth is able to communicate in real time and in a manner that is clear, crisp and concise. She is a pleasure to work with.”
And “She has a very unique skill set that is often difficult to find in a law firm … Great project management skills and a deep understanding of the tax function.”
- Led the multijurisdictional team for Danaher Corporation’s acquisition of the Cytiva business from General Electric for a cash purchase price of approximately US$21.4 billion
- Led a global team for Danaher Corporation that implemented the spin-off of Danaher’s US$8 billion dental business, which now trades on the New York Stock Exchange as Envista Holdings corporation
- Implemented Fortive Corporation’s acquisition of the US$3 billion advanced sterilization business from Johnson & Johnson
- Oversaw a regulatory program for Fortive Corporation across 62 jurisdictions as part of its J&J acquisition
- Led a global team for Fortive Corporation that implemented a complex spin-off of its transportation and mobility US$2 billion business, which now trades on the New York Stock Exchange as Vontier Corporation
- Advised Danaher Corporation on the spinoff of Fortive Corporation. This resulted in the separation of a US$80 billion diversified industrial company into US$60 billion life sciences company and a US$20 billion manufacturing business
- Oversaw Danaher Corporation’s US$2B carveout of various minor business lines to private equity
- Implemented a complex post-acquisition integration plan across more than 40 jurisdictions for a Fortune 100 insurance company, the transaction value of which exceeded US$5.5 billion
- Led a team across Eastern Europe and the Middle East that supported various internal reorganization efforts of VEON Corporation
- Assisted Fortive Corporation with its disposition of its US$3B automation business to Altra Industrial Motion
- Ran a tax-driven reorganization plan for a Fortune 100 insurance company across more than 40 jurisdictions that was valued at more than US$2 billion
- Led the carveout across 8 jurisdictions of a digital imaging business for Danaher Corporation to private equity
- Ran a legal entity rationalization program that eliminated more than 400 entities across 20 jurisdictions for a Fortune 100 insurance company
- Led the carveout of a digital imaging business across 20 jurisdictions for a publicly-traded dental company
- LL.M., Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., University of Florida College of Law
- B.S., Accounting, University of Florida
Before joining DLA Piper, Elizabeth ran Tax Planning at Marriott International and Laureate Education. She also spent three years at Marriott in the Development Department where she was Sr. Vice President, Mergers & Acquisitions - International.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Cohesity in its business combination with Veritas’ Data Protection...
15 February 2024 .2 minute read
United Kingdom: Impact of the UK’s National Security and Investment Act on intra-group...
26 December 2022 .4 minute read