Rafał Kluziak has extensive experience in advising clients on transactional matters and capital markets law. He works for founders and industry and financial investors, including private equity and venture capital, on private and public mergers and acquisitions, tender offers, initial public offerings and the establishment of funds. He also provides ongoing regulatory advice on trading in financial instruments and on funds.
Before starting his career in international law firms, he worked for the Polish Financial Supervision Authority, where he was responsible for supervising investment firms. He is an alumnus of the Capital Market Leaders Academy.
- Advising the founders of retail chain Arhelan, which operates over 100 shops in north-eastern Poland, on the sale of a 49% stake to Polish retailer Eurocash.
- Advising a private equity fund Polish Enterprise Fund VIII managed by Enterprise Investors on the acquisition of a majority stake in Polish software company Software Mind from Ailleron.
- Advising Mid Europa Partners, a leading private equity investor in Central and Eastern Europe, on the acquisition of a majority stake in GWD Concept (Displate) from its founders, Credo Ventures and Miton Capital.
- Advising a global leader in acquiring and collecting nonperforming loans in the acquisition of 100% shares in TFI Capital Partners from Capital Partners.
- Advising Tar Heel Capital on the sale of 100% of the shares in Tomma Diagnostyka Obrazowa to PZU Zdrowie.
- Advising Mid Europa Partners on its exit from an investment in Polskie Koleje Linowe.*
- Advising Carlyle on its attempted acquisition of a portfolio company from Enterprise Investors.*
- Advising Tar Heel Capital on exits from its two portfolio companies.*
- Advising Hitachi Capital on its attempted takeover and tender offer for shares in Prime Car Management.*
- Advising Associated British Foods on its acquisition of business enterprise of Michel Pasze.*
- Advising Maxima Grupe on the takeover, tender offer, squeeze-out and delisting of Emperia Holding.*
- Advising PCC SE i PCC Intermodal on squeeze-out and delisting of PCC Intermodal.*
- Advising founders of Solid Brain on their sale of Solid Brain to IT Kontrakt.*
- Advising Work Service on its sale of IT Kontrakt to Cornersone Partners and Oaktree Capital Management.*
- Advising PKO TFI i PKO BP on establishment of their Corporate Venture Capital fund.*
*Denotes experience from a previous firm.
- University of Warsaw, Degree: Master of Laws, 2010
- Recommended in Commercial, Corporate and M&A – The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- Recommended in Private Equity – The Legal 500 EMEA 2022
- May 2022 - present, Partner, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- September 2019 - May 2022, Counsel, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- September 2019 - present, Counsel, DLA Piper, Warsaw
- October 2010 - June 2019, Counsel, leading international law firm, Warsaw
- April 2008 - June 2009, Senior Assistant, Financial Supervision Authority, Warsaw
Memberships And Affiliations
- Warsaw Bar Association of Advocates
My latest insights
DLA Piper doradca Generali przy przejeciu zarzadzania Metlife OFE oraz MetLife DFE
13 September 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises Generali on the takeover of management of MetLife OFE and MetLife DFE
13 September 2022 .1 minute read