Paul RoutledgeLegal Director
Paul has a broad range of experience in corporate transactions including re-organisations and restructurings (internal and global) joint ventures, private equity transactions, mergers and acquisitions and corporate finance.
Paul has undertaken both national and international acquisitions and disposals across various industry sectors, including the transport, hospitality and leisure, advertising, technology and manufacturing sectors. He has also acted for local authorities, companies, banks and private equity houses in joint venture transactions as well as having acted for management teams and shareholders in relation to management buy-outs and refinancings.
Paul prides himself on client delivery and was nominated for an Acritas Star for 2019.
- Represented GE on multiple corporate reorganisations, in total involving 100+ jurisdictions and the coordination of c.500 lawyers (comprising DLA Piper and local counsel).
- Acted for global IT company, NTT Data Inc in its USD 3.1 billion acquisition of DELL's IT Services business - a transaction covering 53 jurisdictions and involving the coordination of over 300 lawyers.
- Acting for Dentsu Aegis Media on acquisitions of media business and establishing joint venture operations in a number of jurisdictions, including the UK, Cyprus, Russia, Ukraine and Kazakhstan.
- Acting for August Equity in its disposal of a majority stake in the Vetfortness group of companies to Ares Capital, followed by a full exit to BCP.
- Acting for Sun Capital across a number of acquisitions and investments, including American Golf and SCS.
- Acted for LSL Properties Plc in its acquisition of the Halifax Estate Agency business from HBOS.
- Advised Jeyes Group on a number of disposals of key parts of its business.
- Acted for Etihad Airways in a major group reorganisation and international joint venturing arrangements.
- Acted on behalf of the Sellers in the disposal of the Victoria Plum business to a US Private Equity Firm.
- Acted for BrewDog and senior manager shareholders in the investment in the company by a US Private Equity Firm.
- Manchester University, BA (Hons)
- College of Law, York, CPE
- Edinburgh University, LLM (Distinction)
College of Law, York, Legal Practice Course
- 2011 to date Legal Director, DLA Piper
- 2007 to 2011 Associate, DLA Piper
- 2006-2007 Associate, UK based law firm
- 2002-2006 Solicitor, UK based law firm
- 2000-2002 Trainee solicitor, UK based law firm
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises global marketing and advertising network dentsu on its agreement to...
13 March 2023 .2 minute read