Jan ŽídekSenior Associate
Jan Žídek is senior associate focusing on M&A, corporate law and contract law. In his ten years of experience he has advised both local and international clients on various commercial and corporate matters and transactions.
Jan also focuses on data protection and pharmaceutical and medical law. And he has been involved in several family business legal matters.
Furthermore, Jan was appointed as Data Protection Officer for a consumer protection company in Prague.
- Advising Czech and German investors on the acquisition of a Czech mechanical engineering company and assisting with subsequent corporate changes and day-to-day business support.
- Advising a Swiss real estate investor on the sale of the client's real estate intended for the construction of a commercial and residential building.
- Advising a Czech energy company on the implementation of a cross-border Dutch-Czech merger of two Dutch companies into a Czech joint stock company.
- Advising a German investor on the acquisition of a Czech company producing shelving systems for stores, including negotiations with the existing partners and managing directors on their further involvement in the company.
- Advising a Portuguese investor on the acquisition of a Czech company producing equipment for the energy industry, including negotiation of financing with ČSOB and implementation of related corporate changes.
- Advising a German-Czech medical group focused on laboratory services, specialized outpatient care and reproductive medicine in connection with the acquisition of new health facilities (including securing authorisations to provide health services and regulating relations with health insurance companies), assistance with the entry of new investors (including a major US investment fund), day-to-day business matters and special projects (eg conducting clinical trials with a major pharmaceutical company), and support for the development of a mobile application for health monitoring and the sale of health services – in particular assistance with ensuring the protection of personal data.
- Advising a Czech major investment group active in finance, industry, telecommunications, real estate and other areas on the takeover of a major Czech chemical technology company (including settlement with original shareholders and creditors – banks) including preparation of necessary contractual and corporate documentation, and negotiations with other relevant entities.
- Advising a Czech bank on the establishment of a new subsidiary company operating a mobile application that provides non-banking services in addition to banking services, including modification of general terms and conditions and documents relating to the protection of personal data.
- Charles University in Prague, Faculty of Law, Mgr., 2012
- University of Lausanne in Switzerland, 2009-2010
Awards and Certificate
- CIPP/E (Certified Information Privacy Professional/Europe) certificate.
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Cube Infrastructure Managers on acquisition of MVV Energie CZ
12 December 2022 .2 minute read
DLA Piper doradcą Grupy Wirtualna Polska przy zawarciu umowy nabycia międzynarodowej Grupy...
12 September 2022 .3 minute read