Eszter Fodor *Senior Associate
Eszter Fodor is an English law and Hungarian law qualified lawyer with around 10 years' experience working on CEE transactions (both in M&A and banking & finance). She regularly advises large multinational clients on a variety of domestic and international deals.
She is assisting the Budapest team establishing a hub in Budapest for English law work generated in the CEE, as well as the SEE and CIS regions. The English law hub aims to service our clients on the spot, and thereby strengthening DLA Piper's cross border offering in all aspects of banking & finance.
- Advising a Norwegian company in its acquisition of the largest producer of ready-made sandwiches and baguettes in the Hungarian market.
- Advising a Luxembourg-based company, an early European pioneer in end-to-end-encrypted cloud services, in its successful acquisition by a European, state-owned mail delivery firm.
- Advising one of the leading Turkish investors across Central Asia, the Balkans and the Middle East and North Africa regions in its sale of its majority shareholding in Albania's leading fixed line internet and TV operator, the largest owner of a fibre network in the country and mobile operator with a significant network of its own.
- Advising a French company in its sale of its Hungarian subsidiary to two of the leading European actors in the relevant sector.
- Master of Corporate Law, University of Cambridge, Faculty of Law, Cambridge, UK, 2019-2020, First Class Honours
- Erasmus Scholarship, University of Groningen, Faculty of Law, Groningen, the Netherlands, 2010-2011
- J.D., Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Law and Political Sciences, Budapest, Hungary, 2007-2013