Darren works closely with partners and senior associates on a wide-range of financing transactions involving corporations, investment banks, and private equity sponsors in secured and unsecured financing, syndicated credit facilities, debt offerings, and asset-based facilities.
Likewise, he has experience in leveraged finance transactions, including fund financing (both net-asset-value and subscription-based facilities), acquisition financings, asset-based term loans, revolving credit facilities, project financing and acquisitions, with experience on both the borrower- and lender-side.
- Advising Hartree Partners, a global energy and commodities firm, on the development and financing of its portfolio of energy storage projects in Taiwan, including an approximate USD50m acquisition financing of Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS).
- Advising Hinduja Global Solutions Limited (HGS) (Listed on NSE & BSE, India) as it entered into a definitive agreement to acquire a 100% stake in TekLink International, Inc., for a consideration of USD58.8m, subject to earnouts and other customary and agreed adjustments.
- Advising a prominent international bank as lender in a USD50m mezzanine term loan facility provided to refinance the existing debt facilities of a prominent Singapore property developer, secured by registered real property mortgage on two of its hotel properties in Singapore, with simultaneous repayment and release of the existing secured debt facilities.
- Advised Offerpad Solutions Inc., a public company in the business of tech-enabled direct home acquisitions and sales, on multiple credit facilities with prominent U.S. financial institutional lenders in an aggregate committed amount of approximately USD1bn.*
- Advised Overbay Capital Partners on two separate senior secured NAV credit facilities involving its secondary funds as borrowers and two multinational financial institutions as lenders, in an aggregate committed amount of approximately USD80m.*
- Advised a global development financial institution on a revolving credit facility involving a number of its pension funds and trusts as borrower, in a committed amount of USD150m.*
- Advised GC Securities as underwriter’s counsel on the issuance of Class A Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes priced at USD250m.*
- Advised Oak Tree Assurance, Ltd., an insurance company as ceding insurer as part of the securitization of catastrophe risk, on the issuance of Class A Principal At-Risk Variable Rate Notes priced at USD475m.*
* Denotes experience from previous firm
- Chinese (Mandarin)
Columbia Law School, Juris Doctor (Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar 2018-2019, James Kent Scholar 2019-2020), 2020
University College London, Bachelor of Laws (First-Class Honours), 2020
- DLA Piper (US) LLP, New York, NY – Associate, Finance (Class of 2020)