One of the highlights of my job is the time I spend with clients really getting to know their business and its challenges and opportunities. It means that, whatever happens, I can be by their side.
Jane Hannon is an employment lawyer, with over 20 years' experience advising UK and international businesses on all aspects of one of their key assets - their people.
Jane advises on the full range of issues arising in the employment life-cycle, including recruitment, workforce diversity and inclusion, restructures and senior executive matters. She is an expert in advising businesses on the complex issues relating to worker reclassification matters, having acted on a number of high profile cases in this area in recent years.
Working with her colleagues across DLA Piper's international offices, Jane regularly advises on global restructures, post-merger integrations and change programmes. She also manages the delivery of day to day international employment law advice for a number of her clients, some of which have large international workforces and others which need support as they begin on their global expansion journey.
- Advised a global business in relation to all aspects of its driver reclassification litigation in the UK.
- Supported an international recruitment business in relation to a high profile race discrimination claim involving one of its key clients.
- Advised a global mining business on the business critical temporary posting of employees to Botswana and their subsequent repatriation to the UK.
- Assisted a professional services firm dealing with allegations of sexual harassment by a senior executive employee.
- Managed the speedy exit of the FD of a UK Plc and subsequent negotiation of terms with his replacement.
- Oversaw the roll out of a new bonus and incentive arrangement for a US technology business operating across multiple European countries.
- Supporting a number of UK financial services businesses on the people aspect of the first and second generation outsourcing of services.
- Advised a global logistics company on a material restructure and reduction in headcount across EMEA.
- Advised a technology business on defending an application for interim relief brought by a former employee alleging that he had blown the whistle on matters of national security.
- Co-lead the production of DLA Piper's Covid support resources for UK clients and presented multiple international webinars on the employment law aspects of the pandemic including furlough, vaccinations and return to office considerations.
- The College of Law, Legal Practice Course, 1998
- University of Liverpool, LL.B. (Hons) Law and French Law, 1996
- Université de Bordeaux I, Licence en Droit, 1995
Jane co-ordinates the DLA Piper's Pro Bono work in the Leeds office.
Jane regularly provides employment law training to senior managers and directors of public and private companies.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Employment Lawyers' Association
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises specialist decarbonisation investor OGCI Climate Investments on GBP15...
26 May 2022 .1 minute read
DLA Piper advises KRAHN Chemie on acquisition of majority stakes in six companies from...
18 February 2021 .5 minute read