Fernando has a recognized expertise in corporate, civil and financial law, with experience in the design, structuring, negotiation and implementation of mergers and acquisitions (M&A), corporate reorganizations and equity restructuring, as well as in the creation of investment funds, financing and in the design and negotiation of various types of contracts for the exploitation of assets and business viability, providing an integrative vision for their tax, accounting and financial knowledge.
In addition, he has developed a special practice catered toward advising family businesses and high net worth individuals, which consists in the implementation of Good Corporate Governance practices, and in the planning and reallocation of assets through commercial reorganizations, trusts, wills and complementary legal acts. Finally, he is an expert in franchise contracts.
- Master of Corporate Finance, Universidad del Pacífico, 2016
- J.D., Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2004
- Bachiller en Derecho (Law Degree), Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú, 2004
- Leaders League: “Excellent” in Private Wealth (2022) and "Highly Recommended" in M&A (2018 – 2022)
- LACCA: "Approved" in Corporate M&A (2018-2021)
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2022 - Recommended, Peru Corporate and M&A
Clients say, "Fernando Lanfranco is always available to assist us. His attitude is very cordial and friendly." "Fast, clear and precise answers, without the need to seek a second opinion; full knowledge of corporate matters. Fernando Lanfranco and Jorge Collantes are recommended."
2018-19, 2021 - Recommended, Peru Corporate and M&A
- "The Legal 500: Private Clients Peru – Country Comparative Guide 2022" By DLA Piper Peru Private Clients team: Partners Fernando Lanfranco and Erik Lind along with Senior associate Luis Miguel Sambuceti and junior associate Sandra Escudero-Whu. The Legal 500. More info here >>
- Author, "Law of Pledge (Garantía Mobiliaria): Clarifying its application," Invertir- La Revista del Mercado de Capitales, Year 3, No. 30, February 2007
- Co-author, "Manual of Good Governance for Family Businesses," a publication sponsored by Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF) and Procapitales, 2006
- Co-author, "Succession Planning as a Practice of Good Governance for Family Businesses," Ius et Veritas, Year XVI, No. 32, 2006
- Author, "The Government of the Family Business," La Revista del Mercado de Capitales, Year 3, No. 26, February 2006
- "Recommendations regarding good corporate governance practices: How to improve the efficiency of a company?" The Civil Law and Society Association presented the "I International Congress on Corporate, Business and Financial Law" that took place on November 16, 17, 18 and 19, 2021. More info here >>
- Professor of the Master of Corporate Finance at the Universidad del Pacífico
- In the academic field, Fernando is regularly invited to participate in national and international forums on family businesses