Fabrizio Morelli is the Partner who heads the Employment department in Italy; he is based in the Rome office. He began his career in the labour, union and social security field, where he has gained extensive experience during the course of his pluriannual experience.
Fabrizio is well-versed in international profiles and labour law issues related to major M&A operations thanks to the years spent working with major international law firms and thanks also to the significant experience acquired at the beginning of his career in the field of commercial and international law.
Fabrizio regularly writes articles on labour matters and gave his contribution as author in many publications, including “Guida Fornero” (Alleanza Lavoro Editor – 2012); “Il contratto a tutele crescenti” (Edizioni Lavoro Editor – 2015); “Transfer of Business and Acquired Employee Rights – a practical guide for Europe and across the globe” (Springer Editor 2016); “Il Lavoro post pandemia” (Edizioni Lavoro Editor – 2020).
Fabrizio has been mentioned as “leading Individual” by Legal 500 in years 2020 and 2021.
- Assisting the world leading chain of theme restaurants founded in London in 1971, in the day-to-day management of the employment relationship - wide range of employment and HR matters involved, including hiring employees, dismissals, disciplinary process, investigations for employees' misconduct, company's policies etc.
- Assisting a multination tech company in the transfer of its employees on a voluntary basis to another tech company, dealing with settlement agreements with transferred employees and negotiations with unions.
- Assisting an Indian multinational IT services company, on a variety of matters in the transfer of a business from another tech company. The activity entailed the transfer of 75 employees and involved the consultation with unions. The assistance was provided on a variety of matters, including advising on the harmonization of the terms and conditions as well as the execution of new employment contracts and settlement agreements.
- Assisting a world famous American clothing company in relation to a number of employment related matters including a welfare plan for all employees.
- Advising a leading international re-assurance company on the day-to-day employment management of the relationship with its employees, including the contentious matters.
- Advising a leading US software house on the employment restructuring of the Italian company. Implementation of a reduction in the workforce affecting top managers and white collars employees. The transaction entailed preparation of relevant documents and negotiation with employees and unions to reach settlement agreements.
- Law degree, University of Rome Tor Vergata.