Carlos Vaca ValverdeOf Counsel
Carlos Vaca Valverde advises multinationals on a broad range of international tax matters, including general international tax planning, value chain structuring, restructurings, IP migrations and cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
- LL.M., International Taxation, University of Florida College of Law 2011
- Masters, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- L.L.B., Universidad Privada de Santa Cruz de la Sierra
- The Legal 500 United States
- Recommended, International Tax (2022)
- "Amidst the Mists: Section 1248, PTEP, and Domestic Partnerships After the Final GILTI Regulations," International Journal (BNA), 49 TMIJ Issue No. 01
- "Notice 2019-01: An Ever-Expanding Universe of PTEP Groups," International Journal (BNA), 48 TMIJ Issue No. 08
- "New Sec. 960 ‘properly attributable to’ standard raises questions for Sec. 956 inclusions," The Tax Advisor, July 1, 2018
- Regularly invited as guest-speaker at US and foreign universities, including at the University of Florida Levin School of Law’s LL.M.
- Before joining DLA Piper, Carlos worked for the New York and Washington D.C. National Offices of two Big-Four accounting firms for nearly ten years concentrating on outbound U.S. international tax matters.
Memberships And Affiliations
- New York State Bar Association – Tax Section
- AICPA – Member of the Technical Resource Panel (TRP) on International tax
My latest insights
The Inflation Reduction Act becomes law: An overview of the tax law changes
17 August 2022 .8 minute read