Global Class Actions Summit
Wednesday, December 6, 2023
11:00 am PT – Program begins
5:15 pm PT – Closing remarks
Virtual joining instructions
Join on your computer, mobile app or room device
Please join us for our annual Global Class Actions Summit, which will be hosted virtually by DLA Piper from Palo Alto.
This year’s program will feature a diverse array of panelists and presenters from around the world who will cover what's happening now in class actions. Topics include:
- Recent developments in class action and collective redress litigation in jurisdictions around the globe (including the US, Canada, the UK, the EU, and Asia Pacific)
- Current trends in class action law and jurisprudence affecting tech companies and multinational businesses
- The increasing convergence of consumer class actions and product liability lawsuits, particularly in the pharmaceutical, chemical, and automotive areas
- Emerging issues, such as data privacy, AI, and ESG and sustainability litigation
Panelists and topics are listed below, along with a link to the full agenda and live event updates. We hope you will take part in this exciting event.
For more information
Please contact Carolyn Hennessey with questions.
DLA Piper LLP (US) has been certified by the State Bar of California, Illinois MCLE Board, the Board on Continuing Legal Education of the Supreme Court of New Jersey, and the New York State Continuing Legal Education Board as an Accredited Provider. The following CLE credit is being sought:
- California: 4.75 Credit (4.75 General, 0.0 Ethics)
- Illinois: 4.75 Credit (4.75 General, 0.0 Professional Responsibility)
- New Jersey: 5.6 Credits (5.6 General, 0.0 Ethics)
- New York: 5.5 Transitional & Non-Transitional Credit (5.5 Professional Practice, 0.0 Ethics)
CLE credit will be applied for in other states where DLA Piper has an office with the exception of Minnesota, North Carolina, and Puerto Rico.
Please click here to evaluate the program and request CLE credit. This process must be completed within 30 days of the program to receive credit.
11:00 am – Welcome and introduction
Dean Fealk and Vicky Lee, Northern California Managing Partners; Keara M. Gordon and Isabelle Ord, Co-Chairs, US Class Actions
11:10 am – Trends in global class actions
Christopher M. Young, Kieran O’Brien, Jeremy Sher, Marnix Holtzer, Steve Weisbrot (Angeion Group), and Rebecca von Ruti
12:20 pm – Ted Talk on mass arbitration
Angela Agrusa, David Horniak, and Lucie Barron (ADR Services, Inc.)
12:40 pm – Lunch
Major General Kim Crider (Ret.), U.S. Air Force, and former Chief Technology and Innovation Officer for the United States Space Force, Peter Leroe-Muñoz, Silicon Valley Leadership Group, and Dean Fealk
1:30 pm – Navigating the evolving data privacy landscape
Austin Rainwater, Keara M. Gordon, Isabelle Ord, Eric M. Roberts, Jeff DeGroot, Andrew Serwin, and Andrew Dyson
2:30 pm – Convergence of consumer class actions and pharmaceuticals, medical devices, and chemicals including PFAS
Rebecca von Ruti, Christopher G. Campbell, Christopher M. Young, Matthew A. Goldberg, Colleen Carey Gulliver, Kieran O’Brien, Adam Bass, and Angela Agrusa
3:45 pm – Hot topics in global class actions – Technology, AI, and Smart Cars/EVs
Jeff DeGroot, Austin Rainwater, Matthew A. Goldberg, Jeremy Sher, Eric M. Roberts, and Coran Darling
4:30 pm – ESG/sustainability
Keara M. Gordon, Isabelle Ord, George Gigounas, Adam Baas, Jeremy Sher, Colleen Carey Gulliver, and Angela Agrusa
5:15 pm – Closing remarks