Eddie Ahn is a tax partner with more than 15 years' experience advising international clients on Australian income taxation and stamp duty issues.
Eddie has particular experience with corporate M&A, real estate and funds transactions, advising on key tax structuring issues, especially for cross-border transactions.
He advises major corporate groups in respect of both acquisitions and internal corporate reorganisations. In addition, Eddie advises on employee share scheme arrangements in Australia.
Eddie also regularly advises both inbound and outbound investment funds on the structuring and taxation implications of their investments, in particular in respect to Australian real estate investment. In addition, he has advised on various infrastructure projects, including renewable energy, and related investments in Australia.
- Advising a leading Korean based funds manager on an investment in a A$2 billion premium office and retail development in Sydney, NSW.
- Advising a significant foreign sovereign wealth fund on its investments into Australian real property funds that held a portfolio of commercial real estate assets across Australia.
- Advising AIP Asset Management on the portfolio sale of four prime Australian commercial office properties by its Australian property funds to Charter Hall.
- Advising an Australian infrastructure investment manager on its sale to Patrizia, a global real estate asset manager based in Germany.
- Advising ASX-listed US fintech company Credible Labs Inc. on its AUD585 million merger with NASDAQ listed Fox Corporation.
- Advising private equity firm Centroid Investment Partners on its multi-jurisdictional acquisition of the Taylor Made Golf, a leading global golfing equipment brand and manufacturer.
- Advising leading international insurance companies on warranty and indemnity insurance policies for significant M&A transactions in Australia and the Asia Pacific region.
- Advising various start-up and technology companies across a broad range of taxation issues including employee share schemes, capital raisings and the sale of businesses to large, listed purchasers.
- Advising various Korean, German and Singapore funds managers and institutional investors on the establishment of Managed Investment Trust structures to acquire or invest in significant commercial real estate assets across Australia.
- Providing tax structuring advice to various foreign asset managers, government pension funds and large institutional investors on their investments into Australian infrastructure, debt and property funds.
- Advising a large Korean asset manager on tax and related matters in relation to the acquisition of an equity interest in Endeavour Energy, Australia including advice on FIRB related tax conditions and related documentation.
- Master of Laws, University of Sydney, 2009
- Bachelor of Laws, University of New South Wales, 2003
- Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting), University of New South Wales, 2003
Memberships And Affiliations
- Taxation Institute of Australia
- Law Society of New South Wales