Erwan Lacheteau’s activity primarily focuses on real estate financing.
He has a broad experience in real estate transactions, acting for both investment funds and financial institutions on domestic and cross-border transactions, on acquisition, sale and leaseback and construction financings relating to all types of properties including office properties, logistic portfolios, retail/shopping centers, hotels/hospitality and alternative real estate. He combines strong expertise and sector knowledge with a competent and business-oriented team, experienced in complex transactions involving inter alia SIIC and REITs structures, debt restructuring and recovery deals, build-up and consolidation portfolios, value-add and opportunistic assets requiring junior financings and intricate security package.
Erwan’s experience extends to development and infrastructure financing (with particular emphasis on transport and real estate public equipments) and general banking.
- Advising a large US investment fund in connection with the refinancing of a senior and mezzanine financing by way of a single € 92M senior mortgage financing granted to a group of companies holding and operating a real estate portfolio of over 50 budget hotels in France.
- Advising a Qatari investment fund in connection with a € 350M mortgage financing for the acquisition of four luxury hotels in Paris and in the south of France.
- Advising French lenders in connection with a senior financing of an OBO transaction in relation to the French leader of home delivery of food products.
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, M.A., banking and finance, 2002
- University of Paris II Panthéon-Assas, M.A., business and tax, 2001
- Legal 500 – Real Estate Finance – Leading Individuals – 2023
- Legal 500 – Real estate – Tier 2 – 2023
- Legal 500 – Banking and Finance: Transactional work – Tier 3 – 2023
Prior to joining DLA Piper, Erwan worked for two renowned international law firms.
My latest insights
DLA Piper Represented XTC Europe on its joint venture projects with French SOE Orano
18 May 2023 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Eagle Football on acquisition of controlling stake in Olympique Lyonnais
20 December 2022 .4 minute read