DLA Piper advises DoubleVerify on acquisition of French startup Scibids technology
DLA Piper has advised DoubleVerify (DV), a leading software platform for digital media measurement, data and analytics, on its acquisition of Scibids Technology SAS, a French startup pioneering the use of AI to optimize digital campaigns.
Scibids builds AI that automates and optimizes an advertiser’s programmatic buying of digital ad campaigns. Leveraging DSP impression level data feeds (including price), first party data and measurement data provided by the brands or their agencies, Scibids AI dynamically generates custom bidding algorithms for clients aligned with the advertiser’s KPIs and desired outcomes. Scibids’ clients include all major holding companies, independent agencies, and top global brands that include Allianz, Dell and Spotify.
DV has over a decade of experience building digital transparency and trust in the advertising ecosystem – protecting brand reputation and powering media performance. Core to this trust is DV’s independence, offering solutions that advertisers can employ across environments, formats and devices to meet their specific campaign objectives.
The Acquisition expands DV’s product leadership in real-time, campaign optimizations – and lets the company combine its trusted media quality and performance data that includes viewability, contextual and attention signals, with Scibids’s proven AI technology and real-time optimization algorithms.
The transaction was completed on August 14th 2023.
DLA Piper has advised DoubleVerify with:
- Corporate law: Sarmad Haidar, Partner, Natalia Li, Counsel, Loic Bustos, Elise Foucault, Associates
- Tax law: Fanny Combourieu, Partner and Louis-Augustin Jourdan, Counsel; Antitrust: Edouard Sarrazin, Partner and Céline Espesson, Counsel
- Employment law: Jérôme Halphen, Partner and Emmanuelle Beddeleem, Associate
- New technology law: Jeanne Dauzier, Partner, and Maria Aouad, Associate
- Intellectual property: Frank Valentin, Partner, Floriane Chartier-Chanot, Senior Associate, and Anna Simhon, Associate
Due diligence / audit :
- DLA Piper Italy: Danilo Surdi, Carlos Rosquet Martinez, Paola Grillo
- DLA Piper Spain: Enrique Chamorro Rodriguez, Laura Santos Perez-Arregui, Maria Fernanda Fernandez Antonuccio
- DLA Piper UK: Piero Carbone, Bradley Osborne
- DLA Piper US: David Mendelsohn, Brian Wohlberg