Specialized in public business law, Ruxandra Lazar has been assisting clients for 18 years in both advisory and litigation matters, in project development as well as in M&A/capital markets transactions involving public law aspects or regulated sectors.
Her practice areas are diverse, covering general administrative law, constitutional and European law, public contracts, sectoral regulation, privatizations, specific rules applicable to public companies and institutions, and public finance.
Ruxandra Lazar has extensive experience of high-profile court proceedings before administrative courts and the Constitutional council, based, among others, on EU law and constitutional law (Court of Justice of the European Union and European Court of Human Rights).
She also has significant sectoral expertise in a wide range of fields, such as energy, natural resources, infrastructure, health, public services, university education, defense, transportation, telecommunications and the food industry.
- Counsel to companies in connection with their activities governed by the mining code and litigation related to exclusive research permits and concessions*
- Counsel to a gas company in a dispute resolution procedure before the Dispute Resolution and Sanctions Committee of the French Energy Regulatory Commission (CRE)*
- Counsel to Fosmax LNG, a subsidiary of Elengy (Engie Group), in the context of an appeal for the annulment of an arbitration award relating to the construction of the Fos Cavaou LNG terminal, which was dismissed by the Conseil d'Etat*
- Counsel to the University of Paris 2 Panthéon-Assas in connection with a claim before the European Court of Human Rights*
- Counsel to a client on the French legal aspects of an international arbitration in connection with the termination of a concession contract for a high-speed railroad line*
- Counsel to the majority shareholders of Envea, a company specializing in the manufacture of instruments for the monitoring of ambient air quality and the implementation of solutions for the monitoring and exploitation of environmental data, in connection with the sale of their stake to The Carlyle Group*
- Counsel in relation to the transposition into French law of the second EU directive on tobacco products*
- Counsel to Orsted (formerly DONG Energy) in connection with the award and development of the first three French offshore wind farm projects* *previous law firm
- Ecole Nationale d’Administration (ENA) (2002)
- Paris I Panthéon-Sorbonne University: law degree in European law (2000)
- Bucharest University: law degree in Romanian law (2000)
- Ranked by Legal 500 (since 2018) among the “Next generation partners” in administrative and public law in France and “Next generation partners” in Energy Projects or Energy Regulatory in France : A "model of reliability" and "one of the best in her field", Ruxandra Lazar is "a lawyer who is remarkable for her skills and commitment to her clients, and who excels in both advisory and litigation work".
- Who’s who Government contracts 2016 : ranked as stand-out specialist in Government Contracts: “Ruxandra Lazar is earmarked as “one to watch” by peers impressed by her growing practice. She is very active in large energy and infrastructure PPPs and procurement contracts.”
- Winner of Plume d’or by the Business & Legal Forum for the article : “Réduire la place de l'énergie nucléaire en France : les faiblesses juridiques d'une promesse électorale ” published in French on the website Usine Nouvelle Energie.
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Nuclear Electricity Sales Contracts in France”, Energy Law Exchange (June 2020)
- “Single gas market launched in France on 1 November 2018”, Energy Law Exchange (November 2018)
- “New Regulation to Facilitate the Implementation of Offshore Wind Projects in France, Energy Law Exchange (February 2016)
- “New Mining Code in Gabon to Give a Major Boost to Investments”, Energy Law Exchange (November 2015)
- “Mining regulations in France – an unintelligible reform”, Energy Law Exchange (July 2015)
- “Long-awaited reform of hydropower concessions”, International Law Office (March 2015)
- “Reducing the proportion of nuclear energy in France: the legal weaknesses of an electoral promise”, Usine Nouvelle Energie (December 2014)
- “Energy Transition: what measures are being taken to vary the energy mix ?”, La Revue de l’énergie (December 2014)
- “Hard times for electricity-intensive consumers in France”, International Law Office (November 2014)
- “Have the challenges of the energy transition been overcome?”, International Law Office (September 2014)
- “Propriétés des personnes publiques : faire vivre le nouveau code”, Droit administratif (2006)
- “Les modifications de la composition des groupements entre les candidatures et les offres”, Droit administratif (2006)
- “Les nouveaux contrats du secteur hospitalier” and “Les contrats complexes dans la sécurité et la justice : le cas des prisons”, Contrats publics – l’actualité de la commande et des contrats publics (2004)
- “L’externalisation et les partenariats public-privé”, Contrats publics – l’actualité de la commande et des contrats publics (2004)
- Prior to joining DLA Piper, Ruxandra Lazar practiced for 18 years in several international law firms in Paris.
- Lawyer admitted to the Paris Bar
- Graduated from the Ecole Nationale d'Administration (Copernic Promotion)
Memberships And Affiliations
- ENA Alumni Association