Jonathan Axelrad represents emerging growth companies from formation through exit.
Jonathan routinely counsels companies in equity and debt financings, mergers and acquisitions, public market transactions, executive compensation and benefits, corporate governance matters and other complex strategic business transactions. He also represents venture capital and private equity funds, executives and angel investors that invest in early-stage companies.
- AEye, Inc (NASDAQ: LIDR), the global leader in adaptive, high-performance LiDAR solutions, from its Series A investment through the recent closing and public listing on the NASDAQ via a business combination with CF Finance Acquisition Corp. III, a special purpose acquisition company that valued AEye pre-closing at over US$1.5 billion.
- Navitas Semiconductor (NASDAQ: NVTS), the industry leader in next-generation semiconductor technology from formation through its US$1.04 billion going-public merger with Live Oak Acquisition Corp. II, a publicly-traded special purpose acquisition company.
- Streetlight Data, a pioneer in mobility analytics, from its Series C financing through acquisition by Jacobs (NYSE:J).
- Lux Capital, Congruent Ventures, and Wireframe Ventures in numerous venture financings.
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center 2004
Georgetown International Law Journal
- B.A., University of Victoria 1997
- The Legal 500 United States
2016 - Recommended, Private Equity Buyouts
2016 - Recommended, Venture Capital & Emerging
Jonathan is a frequent speaker on issues related to emerging growth companies, including new business formation, venture financing, mergers and acquisitions and corporate governance.
- "Venture Capital 2015: Nuts and Bolts," Practising Law Institute (PLI), San Francisco, 2015
- "Private Company M&A and the Angel Investor," Band of Angels, 2014
- "Cleantech Past, Present and Future: Solutions for a Troubled Planet?," AJC Business and Technology Series, California, 2013
- "Insight into innovation," Environmental Business Cluster's CEO Roundtable, San Jose, California, 2012
- "Nuts and Bolts of Managing Your Early-Stage Startup through the Initial Valley of Death," MIT, Boston, 2012
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises SPAN in securing US$96 million in Series B2 funding round
26 April 2023 .2 minute read