Pippa HillLegal Director
Pippa Hill is an experienced non-contentious restructuring lawyer with over 12 years’ experience in the field, working for a variety of stakeholders including banks and other lenders, pension trustees, companies and their boards, and insolvency practitioners.
Pippa has developed particular expertise in cross border restructuring transactions, particularly where these involve a pensions angle. She has recently worked with many European jurisdictions, as well as others further afield such as US, Canada, and India (in relation to the cross border effect of the new Indian bankruptcy code).
Pippa also regularly speaks on the area of restructuring and insolvency, and writes on issues such as the pensions and insolvency interface and construction insolvency for a variety of publications including the Recovery and Corporate Rescue and Insolvency journals.
- Leading a team advising the Pension Protection Fund on the "drop in" of a defined benefit pension scheme to the PPF by way of a CVA, in the charity sector.
- Advising the UK liquidators of a multi-national company in relation to cross border recognition, particularly regarding simultaneous proceedings in the Netherlands and in India, under the new Indian Bankruptcy and Insolvency code.
- Acting for the Pension Scheme Trustees in relation to a major mitigation scheme relating to a well-known Italian head quartered group.
- Advising HM Government on closure funding made to Hatfield Colliery to fund an orderly wind down.
- Advising the directors of special purpose vehicle main contractor in relation to the financial and contractual issues arising from significant contractual disputes relating to a multi-billion pound public sector PFI outsourcing contract.
- B.A., Medieval and Modern Languages, University of Oxford 2003
- Weighing up the options for managing insolvency, with Julian Pallett, Care Management Matters, September 2019
- Construction contracts: a complex latticework, with Sue Ryan and Lindsay Hammond, Recovery, Summer 2019, p. 24-25
- A Christmas present from the PPF: new and updated guidance for insolvency practitioners, with Jas Pangli, Corporate Rescue & Insolvency (2019) 2 CRI 54
- Legal Q&A, Recovery, Summer 2018
- Pensions Restructuring: time to use the tools available effectively? Corporate Rescue & Insolvency (2017) 3 CRI 86
- R3 Introduction to Insolvency – Partnership Insolvency
My latest insights
10 key points coming out of the stabilisation of Silicon Valley Bank UK Limited
13 March 2023 .12 minute read
Long awaited clarity (of sorts) on the Creditor Duty: The Supreme Court judgment in BTI v...
9 October 2022 .21 minute read