James Kerrigan is the head of the North West Corporate Team and has been a Partner for 19 years. James practices in all aspects of corporate work. He has particular focus on mergers and acquisitions and private equity investments (acting for both management teams and investment houses), general corporate advisory work and complex group reorganisations.
James has particular experience in a variety of sectors including manufacturing, technology and media, telecoms, sports and entertainment.
James has been repeatedly ranked as one of the busiest dealmakers in the UK having been listed in top 5 lawyer rankings by Mergermarket for the last five consecutive years.
- Talk Talk Telecom Group plc on the GBP200 million sale of FibreNation Limited and Bolt Pro Tem Limited to CityFibre Holdings.
- The shareholders of TDKP Limited (Moneypenny) on the MBO by ECI Partners.
- 2 Sisters Food Group in relation to the sale of its frozen pizza businesses within Green Isle Foods.
- ECI Partners and management in relation to the sale of Clarke Energy to Kohler Inc.
- Flowtech Fluidpower plc on its IPO and in relation to the acquisitions of Albroco Limited, Triplesix Limited, Hydraulics and Transmissions Limited, Primary Fluid Holdings Limited, Hydravalve Limited, Group HES Limited, Orange County Limited, Derek Lane & Co Limited, Weltac Limited and HI-Power Limited.
- Management in relation to the secondary and tertiary buyouts of YM&U by Metric Capital and Trilantic.
- LDC in relation to the GBP83m secondary buyout and GBP178 million exit of Synexus Clinical Research.
- LDC in relation the MBO of Traditional Lakeland Cottages (trading as Lakelovers) and the acquisitions of John Bray and Partners Limited, Lake District Lodge Holidays Limited.
- Beech Tree Private Equity in relation to its investment in BCN Group and acquisition of Blue Logic Computers.
- Beech Tree Private Equity in relation to its investment in the Fluent Money Group and acquisition of Brytannic Extra Finance.
- James "attracts praise for his 'strong' transactional expertise–is highly sought after for private equity transactions" Legal 500 2019
- James has been repeatedly ranked as one of the busiest dealmakers in the UK having been listed in top 5 lawyer rankings by Mergermarket for the last 5 consecutive years.
- James was included as one of The Lawyer Hot 100 awards in 2018, "DLA Piper partner James Kerrigan is Manchester's private equity king, and one of the most active private equity dealmakers in the UK."
- Clients say: "He is excellent at advising management when negotiating with private equity houses." - Chambers & Partners 2018