Sarah RileySenior Associate
Sarah is a Senior Associate in our Corporate Group.
She advises on all areas of corporate law and practice, with a particular focus on international M&A, advising global businesses on cross-border transactions and coordinating large multi-jurisdictional due diligence projects. Sarah also regularly advises on disposals, investments, joint ventures, shareholder arrangements and general constitutional and corporate governance matters.
Sarah also has significant experience in acting for large corporate groups on international reorganisation projects.
Her work spans many sectors, largely concentrating on Retail; Technology and Media, Sports & Entertainment.
- Representing the founders of JustGiving on the sale of the company to Blackbaud a US cloud software company.
- Acting for various owners and investors on the acquisition of / investment into several UK football clubs.
- Advising Eventing Live on its joint venture arrangements relating to British Eventing trials.
- Representing Lloyds Pharmacy on a number of strategic acquisitions of and investments in leading med tech businesses to expand its digital offering.
- Representing Bupa Dental on a number of dental practice and dental laboratory acquisitions.
- Coordinating a large due diligence project for Goldman Sachs across 10 jurisdictions in respect of OneTwoTrip a leading travel fare aggregator website.
- Providing various British Fashion Council nominated NEWGEN emerging designers with start-up investment advice.
- Pro bono advice to Amnesty International UK on its spin-out of the Human Rights Consortium Scotland.
University of Sheffield, LLB Law, Hons and Diploma in Legal Practice
- Graysons Law Prize
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises global marketing and advertising network dentsu on its agreement to...
13 March 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises Philip Morris International Inc. on the completion of its US$16 billion...
14 November 2022 .3 minute read