Diederik SchuurmansLegal Director
Diederik Schuurmans advises on corporate law with a focus on cross-border M&A, private equity and joint ventures. He has assisted national and international clients, acting as primary transaction contact and lead legal counsel for (multi)national corporations, financial sponsors and financial institutions.
Furthermore, Diederik advises regularly on securities law, international reorganizations, corporate governance and general corporate law issues. Diederik holds a Dutch private law masters degree from the University of Amsterdam and an M.Sc. in International Business Economics from Utrecht University.
- Advising The Carlyle Group on various acquisitions and disposals in the Netherlands, including Expereo, the HSO Group and the Dept Group
- Advising Qualcomm on various matters including their acquisitions of Scyfer and Euclid Vision
- Advising RBS and Rabobank Investments in the auction sale of Nutriad, a global feed additives producer, to Adisseo, one of the world’s leading experts in feed additives and part of ChemChina
- Advising Elliott Advisors on their acquisition of Hiltermann Lease Group
- Advising G Square on the acquisition of Duo Med from ABN Amro Participaties
- Advising Synergia Capital on various acquisitions and exit transactions, including the divestiture of Pokon Naturado
- Advising Illumina Inc. (ILMN:NASDAQ) on their acquisition of BlueBee, a data solutions provider in the life sciences sector
- Advising HEICO Corp. (HEI:NYSE) on their acquisition of Aeroworks, a manufacturer of aircraft components
- Advising Avedon Capital Partners on their acquisition of WCC, a data analysis service provider
- Utrecht School of Economics, M Sc, 2012
- University of Amsterdam, LL M, 2010
- University of Amsterdam, LL B, 2008