Giulia ZappaterraShe/herSenior Lawyer
Giulia Zappaterra is a privacy and cybersecurity senior lawyer advising both national and international clients on data protection compliance matters, cybersecurity and information technology issues, e-commerce and e-payment as well as commercial and technology contracts. She also provides services as Data Protection Officer to a number of clients that trust her expertise on all privacy compliance matters.
Giulia is dual-qualified in Italy and Spain and, due to her studies in the US, she provides assistance to clients taking into consideration different regulatory regimes. She is always paying attention in providing clients with practical solutions that can help running the relevant business in compliance with applicable laws.Giulia contributes to numerous blogs on media, technology and commercial law issues and she also participates as a speaker at conferences of both national and international level on legal issues related to privacy and cybersecurity, internet and new technologies. She is also lecturer in the main universities in Italy.
- Assistance to a global entertainment company on global GDPR compliance program and in relation to the launch of a new product in Italy and other European countries
- Assistance to a global appliances company on its global privacy and cybersecurity program, also providing continuous assistance on privacy matters
- Assistance of one of the main financial institution in three disputes arising from the largest data breaches in Europe, involving the personal data of millions of customers
- Assistance on one of the main luxury brand in the consequences deriving from a cyber attack at worldwide level
- Law degree, University of Rome "LUISS Guido Carli"
- LL.M. in Intellectual Property, George Washington University, Washington DC
- Post degree course in International Intellectual Property Law, American University Washington - College of Law, Washington DC
Post degree course on fashion law, University of Milan
- Rising Star for Data Privacy and Data Protection Italy 2020 - the Legal 500 EMEA
Giulia contributes to blogs on intellectual property, media, technology and commercial law issues: IPT Italy in English, contributes to a blog on fashion law and, in cooperation with Il Corriere della Sera, L'Ora Legale in Italian. She also participates as a speaker at conferences on legal issues related to numerous sectors, including privacy and the Internet of Things, internet and new technologies.
- Il rapporto tra AI e decisioni automatizzate: obblighi, limiti e soluzioni in Come preparare la propria azienda alla digital revolution, Wolter Kluwer publication, 2019
- Multiple publication on national and international magazine and blogs with regard to data protection and cybersecurity issues
- Regular lecturer at privacy and cybersecurity masters (Università degli Studi Roma3), courses (IPSOA Technology Law master, AFGE, Paradigma) and private training courses.
- Speaker at Data Protection World Forum
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of L.A.W. – Leadership Alliance for Women
- Member of the Board of Directors of charitable entity for people with disabilities