Enrique is a Partner in the M&A and Private Equity team at DLA Piper's Madrid office and representative of the Latin America Committee, responsible for the cross border corporate matters and M&A transactions between DLA Piper’s International platform and the Latin America region.
He specializes in M&A, Private Equity, Search Funds and Venture Capital, and in particular has broad experience in cross border transactions and corporate restructurings.
He focuses in sectors such as education, healthcare, technology, real estate and retail.
Before joining DLA Piper, he worked in the Corporate Departments of a big four and at international law firm.
He has developed his professional career working in the cities of Madrid, Prague, London, Sᾶo Paulo and Bogotá.
Enrique is professor at the IE Business School teaching Private Equity, Cross border M&A and Joint Ventures in the LL.M of International Business Law.
Enrique is, since 2020, a regular guest speaker at the Columbia Business School and INSEAD (Asia campus) and panelist at the Yale School of Management in the program Entrepreneurship through Acquisition - Search Funds.
Between 2001 and 2010 Enrique was a lecturer at the Carlos III University (Madrid) teaching corporate law within the Private Law Department.
Enrique carried out a course in Law and Economics at Harvard University and received his law degree from Universidad Carlos III. He also holds an LL.M from IE Business School with which he often cooperates as a member of its examination panels, and a master in Intellectual Property from IDEI-CEFI and Universidad San Pablo CEU.
Areas of Experience
- Private Equity
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Law and Corporate Restructuring
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of 29,9%, and takeover bid (OPA) over 49%, of DEOLEO's share capital, for a total value of €951 million
- Advising Abengoa in the sale of the Befesa group to Triton Partners for over €1 billion
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in the acquisition of a majority stake in Capio Sanidad in the amount of €930 million
- Advising Kraft Cadbury in its group integration process by means of a EU cross-border merger for over USD1 billion, and later re-location to Mexico
- Advising Sun Capital Partners in the acquisition of Grupo Famosa for €189 million
- Advising Bregal Capital in the sale to KKR of a minority stake in Cognita for the value of GBP150 million
- Advising CVC Capital Partners in the €157 million acquisition of R Galicia de Cable
- Advising Actera Group in the acquisition of Standard Profil in Spain and Turkey for €117 million
- Advising Oaktree Capital in the €73 million sale of Panrico de Galletas Artiach, S.A. to Nutrexpa
- Advising Tower Watson in the acquisition of Grupo EMB in the amount of €70 million
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- IE Business School, Madrid, Master en Asesoría Jurídica de Empresa, 2000
- Universidad San Pablo CEU, Madrid, Master en propiedad industrial e intelectual, 1999
- Universidad Carlos III, Madrid, Licenciatura en Derecho, 1998
- The Legal 500 Latin America
2019 - Recommended, Latin America: International Firms Corporate and M&A
- 2007 - Present DLA Piper Spain, S.L.
- 2004 - 2007 International law firm. Madrid and London
- 2000 - 2004 Big four. Madrid and Prague