Timo Betjemann advises German and international companies on mergers and acquisitions transactions in the real estate and energy sectors. He also advises on international restructuring projects.
- Advising Tilad, a Multi Family Office based in Dubai, on the sale of its Berlin office complex “Atrium Charlottenburg” to Hines.
- Advising Tilad, a Multi Family Office based in Dubai, on the sale of a portfolio with three logistics centres to a joint venture consisting of Apeiron and Green Oak.
- Advising Principal Real Estate Kapitalverwaltungsgesellschaft mbH,on the sale of a hotel portfolio consisting of eleven high quality, city center properties to Axa for EUR 543 million.
- Advising the Munich hotel group Geisel Privathotels on the sale of "Neubau Hotel Königshof" to the family-owned company Inka Karlsplatz GmbH & Co. KG (Inka Karlsplatz).
- Advising the German-American real estate group Jamestown on the acquisition of three historic office buildings in Cologne-Mülheim with a lettable area of around 34,500 square metres.
- Advising the Italian energy company ERG S.p.A. on the acquisition of Windpark Linda GmbH & Co. KG from the Vortex Energy Group.
- Advising a joint venture led by the US asset manager H.I.G. Capital on the acquisition of BollAnts Spa im Park.
- University of Bremen, First State Examination
- Higher Regional Court of Cologne, Second State Examination
Legal 500 Germany 2019: "Recommended" for the energy sector
- 2010, Client secondment (3 months) to international financial institution
- 2008 - present, DLA Piper UK LLP, Cologne
- 2003 - 2006, Research assistant at the University of Cologne (Law Centre for European and International Cooperation (R.I.Z.), Institute for the law of European Communities (IFREG)
Memberships And Affiliations
- German Bar Association
- Cologne Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Law
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises KGAL and Kiwoom Asset Management on the sale of Deutsche Telekom...
19 July 2022 .2 minute read