Satpal helps and represents multinational clients in commercial disputes, court proceedings and arbitration in Hong Kong, the PRC, other Asian countries, and the UK. His practice is broad, often involving company and corporate issues with multijurisdictional and cross-border elements.
Satpal has significant experience in the conduct, management and planning of commercial litigation and dispute resolution. He prepares and runs substantial litigation cases and has been successfully involved in groundbreaking decisions relating to company and shareholder issues, carriage, transport and insurance. Some of these have gone all the way to the Court of Final Appeal in Hong Kong and to the Intermediate Court in the PRC.
Satpal's experience encompasses shareholder and director disputes, company related issues and disputes, supply chain issues, probate, sale of goods, product liability, trademark/copyright infringements, commercial fraud, contractual disputes, ICAC investigations, banking, commodities, conflicts of law and multi-jurisdictional and cross-border issues, logistics, trade disputes and marine insurance disputes (particularly, coverage issues).
Fluent in English and Punjabi, he understands most Indian dialects.
- University of Newcastle, LL.B (Hons), 1998
Awards and Recognitions
- Ranked lawyer, Dispute Resolution (International Firms), China, Chambers Global 2022
- Ranked lawyer, Dispute Resolution: Litigation (International Firms), China, Chambers Greater China Region 2022
- Recommended lawyer, Dispute Resolution: Litigation, China and Hong Kong, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
- Recommended lawyer, Regional International Arbitration, The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2022
Memberships And Affiliations
- Accredited CEDR Mediator