Alberto LobatoSenior Associate
Alberto is a tax lawyer with experience advising multinational companies in a wide range of sectors.
His clients include multinational companies in a wide range of sectors such as online gambling, food and beverages, real estate and pharmaceutical companies.
Alberto advices on all types of tax procedures, including tax audits and appeals.
In addition, he has worked on tax planning of foreign investments in Spain and provides day-to-day tax advice to multinational companies.
Alberto also has experience in advising gambling operators on tax related matters.
- Advice to a multinational beverages company in the claim against the tax audit assessment amounting to €5 million.
- Tax litigation against the assessment issued by the Madrid tax authorities corresponding to the Tax on the Increase in Value of Urban Land, amounting to €15 million.
- Tax Advice to an online gambling operator on the transfer of its residence to Melilla.
- Tax Advice to a multinational company in the request for the refund of Value Added Tax unduly paid in Spain amounting to €3 million.
- Tax advice regarding the acquisition of Spanish real estate complex amounting to €185 million.
- Tax advice on the structure and DAC6 implications regarding the financing of several Real Estate investments in Spain.
- Advanced Course on Tax Procedures by the Center for Financial Studies (CEF), 2019
- Master in Tax Advice at ESADE Business and Law School, 2017
- Master for Access to the Legal Profession at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), 2017
Diploma in International Legal Studies at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), 2015
Law Degree at Universidad Pontificia de Comillas (ICADE), 2015
- The Gambling Law Review: Spain - The Law Review
- No-residentes, confinamiento y hachazo fiscal - CincoDías
- A vueltas con la residencia fiscal de las personas físicas durante el confinamiento - CincoDías
- El Tribunal Supremo flexibiliza la aplicación de la exención por trabajos realizados en el extranjero – El Economista
- La AN aplica el principio de confianza legítima frente a los cambios Administrativos – El Economista
- Aplicación de los beneficios fiscales del Impuesto sobre Sucesiones sin limitaciones de residencia – El Economista
- La adaptación de la plusvalía municipal – El Economista
- Evaluación multilateral de riesgos fiscales – Expansión
Alberto joined DLA Piper in 2017 as an Associate of the Tax Law Department in the Madrid office. Prior to that, he worked at DLA Piper as a Trainee Lawyer.
Memberships And Affiliations
- Member of the Madrid Bar Association
My latest insights
Spanish Supreme Court ruled burden of proving abuse rests with the tax administration
27 June 2023 .3 minute read
VAT treatment of transfers of real estate assets provided as security clarified by the...
12 June 2023 .2 minute read