Isobel Rees has experience in complex commercial litigation and arbitration. Isobel acts for clients across multiple sectors, with a particular focus on energy and infrastructure and consumer goods.
Isobel has represented clients in proceedings before the High Court and Court of Appeal of England and Wales, and before leading arbitration institutions such as the LCIA.
Her experience spans a range of contract and commercial disputes, joint venture and shareholder disputes, fraud and misrepresentation claims, and parent company liability claims.
- Representing a major energy company in a multi-jurisdictional shareholder dispute relating to an alleged breach of contractual good faith obligations in an LCIA arbitration seated in London, involving claims in excess of USD 5 billion.
- Acting for a major international consumer products company in the defence of group claims brought on the basis of parent company liability, in particular obtaining orders of the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court upholding the strike out of the claims at the jurisdictional stage.
- Advising a private investor on the enforcement of an English High Court judgment against defendants based in Qatar.
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course and MSc in Law, Business and Management, 2016
- University of Law, General Diploma in Law, 2015
- University of Cambridge, B.A. Modern and Medieval Languages, 2013