Joseph Fore represents public and private companies, private equity firms and venture capital investors in connection with their transactional matters and ongoing corporate legal needs. In the last five years, he has served as deal counsel in connection with over 100 M&A and investment transactions.
Joseph's practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capital investments, corporate governance, public offerings and SEC disclosure.
Joseph focuses on the healthcare and technology and software sectors.
Joseph serves as a partner mentor to a law student in Managua, Nicaragua as a part of the firm’s Global Scholarship Programme.
Joseph and his wife, Courtney, reside in Austin with their son, Luke.
- BoomTown in its sale to Inside Real Estate
- Netwrix in its strategic investment from Centerbridge Partners
- Silicon Labs (Nasdaq – SLAB) in the sale of its Infrastructure & Automotive Business for US$2.75 billion
- RateGenius in its business combination with AUTOPAY and formation of The Savings Group
- Q2 (Nasdaq – QTWO) in its acquisition of ClickSWITCH
- BigCommerce (Nasdaq – BIGC) in its US$249 million initial public offering and US$263 million follow-on offering
- Silicon Labs (Nasdaq – SLAB) in its acquisition of Redpine Signals' Connectivity Business for US$308 million
- SolarWinds (NYSE: SWI) in sixteen acquisitions
- Tritium Partners in their growth equity investments in ToursByLocals, Project X Media, RateGenius, RoadOne IntermodaLogistics and Giact Systems
- OBIX in its sale to Harris, an operating group of Constellation Software Inc. (TSX - CSU)
- Healthfinch in its sale to Health Catalyst (Nasdaq: HCAT)
- Paylocity (Nasdaq – PCTY) in its acquisitions of Samepage, VidGrid, BeneFLEX HR Resources and PCTY's two resellers
- Silicon Labs (Nasdaq – SLAB) in its acquisitions of Micrium, Zentri and Qulsar's IEEE 1588 Software and Modules
- AgileCraft in its sale to Atlassian (Nasdaq – TEAM) for US$166 million
- RoadOne IntermodaLogistics in its recapitalization by Nonantum Capital Partners
- Avnera in its sale to Skyworks (Nasdaq – SWKS) for US$405 million
- BenefitMall in its sale to The Carlyle Group
- RetailMeNot (Nasdaq – SALE) in its sale to Harland Clarke for US$630 million
- Silicon Labs (Nasdaq – SLAB) in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of Sigma Designs (Nasdaq – SIGM) for US$240 million
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law 2010
- B.A., Political and Social Thought, History, University of Virginia 2007
Phi Beta Kappa
- Chambers USA
- Band 2, Texas: Austin & Surrounds Corporate/M&A (2023)
- Up and Coming, Texas: Austin & Surrounds Corporate/M&A (2021-2022)
- Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary, US Department of Housing and Urban Development (Washington, DC)
Civic and Charitable
- Parish Council Secretary and Acolyte, St. Theresa's Catholic Church
- Chair, St. Theresa’s participation in the Diocese of Austin’s $85M Encountering Christ Capital Campaign
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises PlayUp on its de-SPAC business combination with NASDAQ-listed SPAC
3 October 2022 .3 minute read
DLA Piper advises Spindletop Health Acquisition Corp. in US$230 million IPO
9 November 2021 .1 minute read