Dara McDonaldHe/himSenior Associate
Dara McDonald advises on transactional mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructurings, shareholder arrangements and general corporate advisory matters.
Dara has broad experience assisting clients with private share and business acquisitions / disposals and advising on venture capital investments and early stage fundraising.
- Acting for sellers and management on the sale of Irish gym software company Glofox to Thoma Bravo/ ABC Fitness Solutions.
- Acting for international law firm Ogier on its merger with Irish law firm Leman Solicitors LLP.
- Acting for Navitas Semiconductor on its merger with NYSE listed special-purpose acquisition company (SPAC) Live Oak Acquisition Corp. II. The transaction, which valued the combined entity at an enterprise value of USD1.04 billion, resulted in Navitas becoming a publicly-traded company.
- Advising PIB Insurance Group on multiple acquisitions of Irish Insurance brokers.
- Advising Medica Group plc on its acquisition of Global Diagnostics Ireland, the market leader for teleradiology services in Ireland from Irish private healthcare group, Centric Health.
- Acting for the Sellers on the disposal of Cork Plastics and Floplast through a competitive auction process.
- Advising multiple international clients on the establishment of their Irish operations and provision of ongoing corporate governance support.
- Acting for a UK listed energy storage fund in connection with its acquisition of certain battery storage assets located in Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Trinity College Dublin, LLB, 2014
My latest insights
DLA Piper advises Aviva Investors on EUR30 million backing of Dublin-based EV charging...
2 November 2023 .2 minute read
DLA Piper advises on sale of Glofox to US tech group ABC Fitness Solutions
2 August 2022 .2 minute read