Managing your white collar and corporate crime risks
Public scrutiny, cross-border cooperation and pressure on governments to respond to alleged corporate misconduct are driving increases in criminal liabilities, prosecutions and penalties for non-compliance. We know first hand how lawyers and prosecutors engage and proceed. We have a record of keeping clients out of the courts and the public spotlight.
Companies turn to us when they face complex, white collar and corporate crime investigations. These are often high profile, creating a need to resolve cases discretely while managing clients’ reputations. We handle all types of internal and regulatory investigations into issues such as fraud, cartels, tax and accounting, financial misconduct, dawn raids, and bribery and corruption.
Globally, our team has 70+ former enforcement agency officials, including 30+ former federal prosecutors from US attorneys’ offices. We have a cross-disciplinary workplace misconduct investigation task force, which handles harassment, retaliation, discrimination and other alleged misconduct involving senior leaders. If you need to self-report issues, we guide you and advise on remedial action. And if you want to fight a case, there’s no better team to have in your corner. You can rely on our support in response to regulators’ investigations and appearing before panels, tribunals and committees.
“If you want to fight a case, there’s no better team to have in your corner.”
Our global team of investigators, former regulators and criminal defense lawyers includes members who handled significant cases while employed by the UK Serious Fraud Office, UK Financial Conduct Authority, US Department of Justice, US Securities and Exchange Commission and other agencies. Based in 40+ countries around the world, our lawyers provide real-time, local insights and legal analysis. With a flawless handoff process between offices, we can serve you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We also provide 24-hour, 365-day crisis management and regulatory legal advice via our global Rapid Response hotline.
Awards and recognition
- Assisting some of the world’s largest global life science companies in respect of various internal investigations and business conduct reviews across their operations across the globe, particularly in developing and emerging markets such as China, South East Asia, Middle East, and South America.
- Conducting an international investigation in China, Hong Kong, Nigeria and Japan for a Japanese company concerning allegations of bribery and corruption.
- Acting for a worldwide logistics company in connection with a major Serious Fraud Office investigation in relation to allegations of facilitation payments made in a large number of countries worldwide.
- Advising a healthcare provider with a global due diligence review of distributors to ensure compliance with international anti-bribery laws. This included designing, providing and reviewing responses to due diligence assessments completed by distributors.
- Advising on a corporate manslaughter investigation arising from a fatal accident of an employee at a plant decommissioning service.
- Representing a NASDAQ-listed-South African based technology company that is the subject of a joint investigation regarding allegations of bribery and corruption by the SEC and DOJ into potential violations of the FCPA and securities laws.
- Advising a multinational consumer products company regarding the implementation of numerous global compliance initiatives through to completion as it attempted to resolve an FCPA investigation.
- Represent an international investment bank in investigations being conducted by the US Attorneys’ Office in the Southern District of New York and the Securities and Exchange Commission into potential insider trading activity.
- Representing the Audit Committee of a publicly-traded telecommunications company in connection with its internal investigation of whistleblower complaints regarding potential violations of the securities laws.
- Representing two employees of an international bank that participated in submitting rates for the LIBOR calculation. This bank has received widespread press attention concerning the LIBOR investigation and its related activities during the relevant time period.
Global Compliance and Investigations Podcast
News and insights
Ontario Court of Appeal finds no general duty of care by banks for customer “insider...
5 December 2022 .3 minute read
Is privilege waived where information is shared with law enforcement?
25 November 2022 .3 minute read