Dr Mathias Schulze Steinen LL.M.Partner
Constructive and goal-oriented, professional highest level.
Dr Mathias Schulze Steinen has been advising strategic and financial investors on domestic and cross-border transactions for more than 20 years. His practice focuses on corporate/M&A joint ventures, private equity/VC, corporate finance and corporate restructuring.
Mathias makes use of DLA Piper's global presence to provide clients with the best possible advice in complex international transactions. His clients appreciate not only his entrepreneurial thinking, his expertise and experience in difficult negotiations, but also his solution-oriented advisory approach and his comprehensive support during the transaction process irrespective of the magnitude of a matter.
- Advising Medtronic on investments in manufacturers of medical products in Germany.
- Advising Wipro Limited, a global leader in information technology, consulting and business process management, on all non-U.S. and non-India aspects of its USD1.45 billion acquisition of Capco, the acquisition of International TechneGroup Incorporated and on the sale of the Hosted Data Center Services business to Ensono Corporation.
- Advising Finnish telecommunications and digital services company Elisa on the acquisition of German-based industrial software provider camLine.
- Advising a listed U.S. manufacturer of medical devices on a joint venture with a German venture company.
- Advising Francotyp-Postalia Holding AG, which focuses on the digitalization of commercial communication processes, on the acquisition of all shares in the operating companies of Azolver Holding GmbH.
- Advising Metric Capital Partners LLP (MCP) on structuring of its investment in self-storage platforms in the UK and Germany.
- Advising a Finnish company on entry into a German technology company as part of venture capital financing.
- Advising Learnlight, a portfolio company of Beech Tree Private Equity, on the acquisition of Arenalingua GmbH.
- Advising Apollo Global Inc. on the sale of all shares in Career Partner GmbH to Oakley Capital Private Equity.
- Higher Regional Court of Hamburg, Second State Examination, 1999
- University of Hamburg, Dr. iur., 1997
- University of Helsinki, LL.M., 1996
University of Bonn, First State Examination, 1993
- JUVE Handbook 2022/2023: Frequently recommended for M&A, venture capital and private equity transactions (mid cap); “constructive and goal-oriented, professional highest level”, competitor
- Legal 500 Germany 2023: Recommended for M&A: mid-sized deals (-EUR500 million); “An exceptionally strong attorney - legally sound, winning in demeanor, calm even in stressful situations with high personal commitment.”
- Handelsblatt in cooperation with Best Lawyers 2023: Recommended for telecommunications law
- The Equity Share in Companies with Limited Liability and its Transfer, in Handbook of the Laws of Companies with Limited Liability, pp. 476-546, ZAP, 3rd ed., 2015, Münster
- Basic principles of the laws of corporate groups (Konzernrecht), in Corporate Law Commentary, pp. 1936-2002, Carl Heymanns Publisher, 3.rd. ed., 2015, Cologne
Mathias joined DLA Piper in May 2017. Previously he worked as a lawyer and partner in well-known international law firms in Frankfurt / Main (2004-2017) and Hamburg (1999-2004), sometimes also in management functions.
Memberships And Affiliations
- German-Nordic Lawyers’ Association (DNJV)
My latest insights
Best Lawyers / Handelsblatt recommends a total of 90 lawyers from DLA Piper in Germany
23 June 2022 .2 minute read