"It is a very talented group of attorneys that is adept at understanding the needs of its client base," "particularly good at injecting pragmatism into their problem-solving strategies." – Chambers USA
DLA Piper is one of the leading global law firms advising on all aspects of eDiscovery and Information Management. Our top-tier practice includes a dedicated team of attorneys and professionals, led by experienced litigators and a former United States Chief Magistrate Judge. They bring an extensive range and depth of eDiscovery and information management experience and judicial perspective, giving clients a distinct advantage to the most efficient and defensible solutions.
In 2021, DLA Piper launched eXplore, eDiscovery Resource Center. Here, we provide high level and cost-efficient document review services for our matters. We staff eXplore with full-time DLA Piper review attorneys, ensuring consistent standards for review, resulting in superior work product for our clients.
Whether in the litigation context or in a non-dispute setting, we consult on eDiscovery issues for a broad range of clients across multiple industries in an effective and efficient manner. We serve as eDiscovery counsel during the pendency of a litigation or investigation, or provide advice on eDiscovery issues that arise during a matter. In pre-litigation settings, our team counsels clients with respect to defensible eDiscovery postures should a lawsuit arise.
eDiscovery issues we often handle include:
- Identification, preservation and assessment of legal hold issues;
- Use and preservation of complex data sources;
- Managing efficient and effective review and production of large sets of data, including management of review team;
- Using early case assessment tools and analytics for analyzing data;
- Advising on cross border data transfer in the litigation context;
- Acting as an eDiscovery liaison or expert;
- Conducting CLE or training seminars on eDiscovery topics;
- Vetting eDiscovery vendors; and
- Creating and implementing internal company guidelines and policies relating to eDiscovery issues.
Comprised of highly regarded thought leaders in the field, our team is at the forefront of policy and often publishes, teaches and presents on eDiscovery-related issues.
Information Management Consulting
Businesses are forced to navigate the increasing challenges in managing information and knowledge in a cost-effective and defensible manner. Our team consists of attorneys and information governance professionals who are experienced in all facets of knowledge management, including how to strategically deploy process and technology to reduce risk and cost. Preventive maintenance is essential and we seek to address the root causes of problems before trouble arises for clients. Projects we consult on include:
- Records management;
- Defensible deletion;
- Creation and implementation of policies, procedures and guidelines on a variety of litigation readiness and information management topics; and
- Seminars, trainings and CLE presentations to in-house counsel and others on information management matters.